BBL fat graft how much fat is enough to make a difference? (photos)

Looking to get Brazilian lift. Doctor said he can extract 1600cc from flanks, thights & stomach. I have tummy tuck from 5 years ago with some fat - he said he might be able to use this fat but my stomach. I am 45, 140 lbs, 5 '3, and fairly active but I CANT get my back and flanks to go away. I saved for years and I am really scared to waste my money because I didn't have enough fat. Do you think he can add 800cc to EACH side??

BBL, how much fat is enough to make a difference?

Thank you for your question. When planning a Brazilian butt lift, patients can look forward to a double benefit: reducing areas of unwanted fat while gaining a perkier, rounded posterior. Each procedure must be planned according to the individual needs of patients, harvesting fat from target areas of the torso, thighs or knees and transferring it to create smooth, attractive contours optimized for each person. The amount of fat transferred from targeted areas depends on the quantity available and the extent of buttock augmentation each patient desires. Sufficient body fat for a buttock augmentation is very patient-specific, depending on an individual’s body shape and proportions as well as their expectations.
Buttock augmentation with fat grafting is one of our most popular procedures in Colombia, and from experience we can tell you that some patients do very well with 300 cc of fat per side while others can need 800 cc or more. You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety. Best is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

What is enough fat for BBL results to show?

Hi Mom84,

Thanks for your question and photos. I would say your an excellent candidate for a BBL with a possible great result. I would recommend getting full back liposuction as well as any fat you may have in front abdominal area despite the fact that you had a tummy tuck. You will likely need a fair amount of fat to fill your new bottom but may benefit from cellfina, a new cellulite reduction which may give you the best result with your BBL! Good Luck!

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS
@greatoutcomes @BBL @docmata #drcarlosmata

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Butt Augmentation/ Liposuction / Liposculpture / High Definition Procedures / Liposuction Revision

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks. You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon