Asian rhinoplasty and chin implant, unhappy with results (Photo)

Splint off yesterday, depressed today. It is very noticeable and I look very different. It is too early for final results, but I don't look like myself anymore. I was unhappy with the roundness of my face and nose before, but now I feel like my features are too pointy and long. Nasal is narrow, tip is pointy, my bridge is very high. Talked me into getting a (medium) chin implant, I agreed to, but now worried it is pointy/witchy from profile. Makes my face look longer from front.

Asian Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. Many patients may be upset at their appearance immediately after surgery, because you cannot judge your appearance immediately after surgery. You must be patient because swelling and bruising is all that you can see right now. At the 3-4 month mark, you will have a better understanding of your final result, although, at the 12 month mark you will have the final result and be finally healed. Please review your recovery expectations with your single or double board certified facial plastic surgeon.Best wishes,

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling , some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Asian Rhinoplasty recovery - 1 week post op

1 weeks after rhinoplasty your entire nose will still be swollen, including the bridge of your nose. Like you mentioned in your post, it is too early to judge what the final appearance of your nose will be. 

Typically, as the swelling decreases the tip will drop a bit. By about 3-6 months post-op, enough swelling will have resolved for you to have a good idea of whether you will be happy or not.

Donald B. Yoo, MD