What amount of CC's will suit my body and frame? Breast augmentation.

I want a natural look but a little more enhanced than natural of course. I am 5'7 and 118 pounds. I am petite and tall. I want a full C or small D however what would be better?

Choosing a Breast Implant Size

Choosing a breast implant size is a very individual process that is not just based on cc's. Breast implants come in various shapes and profiles so it is realistic to find an implant that fits on your chest that delivers the volume and shape that you want. In general, it depends on pre-existing breast volume, chest size and goal of the procedure. One cup size may roughly equal 200ccs so a 400 to 450 higher profile implant may be a good starting point.

Need photos

We need photos; however, it is best to find photos of the breast sizes you want and share them with you chosen surgeon and see if he/she would recommend that size for you.  Also, please check out the before/after photos of the surgeons before going in for consultation to see if you like their work; they must include at least 3 views from each patient (front, quarter turn and profile views).

Andre Aboolian, MD

Estimate 325 cc

Dear ayaiqab,

Judging by your height and weight you are a thin woman and will not need a large implant to get to a full C or small D. I am going to estimate around a 325-cc implant.

In my practice, during the consultation after I have suggested an implant size we allow the patient to try on a sizing bra with various size implants. We then go with the patient’s decision for the look she likes, and we have found this to be highly successful in having pleased patients when the procedure is over. We simply do not have patients saying, “I wish I had gone bigger” or “I wish I had gone smaller”.

I hope this has been helpful.

Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Robert D. Wilcox, MD

When trying to figure out what cc's will achieve your goal

you must have a way to visualize what you are deciding on.  I like external sizers in unlined bras as they have been very accurate in my practice.  I add 10% to the sizer volume my patients choose as their desired look.  Your height allows you to carry larger volumes.  So choose well and enjoy your outcome.

Curtis Wong, MD

Implant size

Thank you for your question. Breast implant selection is an important process and requires good communication between you and your surgeon. Typically, breast measurements are initially obtained to provide an initial guide to implants appropriate for your chest. It's then advised that you try different sizers in a normal bra with a tight t-shirt to get an idea of what your breasts would look like. It's important to focus on the look that you want instead of a specific cup size or implant size. Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

The perception of what is a "natural looking breast" is very individual and varies greatly from patient to patient and from doctor to doctor.

The best cosmetic result in any particular breast augmentation patient depends on a variety of factors, including: Your individual anatomy, desired outcome, realistic expectations, a thorough discussion with the plastic surgeon about the options, and an understanding of the pros and cons of any particular implant choice. Proper sizing is not just about the number of cc’s. The thickness of your tissue, breastdimensions which include the width, height, and projection, as well as chest wall width all need to be considered when choosing an implant. Trying on implant “sizers” of various shapes and volumes while wearing a tight t-shirt, bra, or bathing sit at a preoperative visit will help you and your surgeon choose the optimal implant.

There are no manufacturers' standards for cup sizing in the bra industry. The cups of a 32 C-D and a 36 C-D are significantly different. Cup size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer and even within styles from any particular manufacturer. Nor is there a direct correlation between implant shape or size and cup size.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest that your plastic surgeon be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question. I am going to take a little different route given that my esteemed colleagues have already discussed the relationship of breast diameter with implant size. Even if we had your pictures we would not be able to tell you what cup size you would be with a certain implant, given that there is no standardization for bra cup sizes. Meaning that your cup size is dependent on where you buy your bras. What I suggest is that you meet with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has the ability to let you 'test drive' certain implant sizes so you can get a good idea or approximation of what you will look like with certain size implants. Good luck.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you  is dictated by your chest wall measurements. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance. Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).
Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.
These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

What amount of CC's will suit my body and frame? Breast augmentation?

Without photos, it is difficult to say what size/shape implant would be best suited for you.  However a moderate to full profile implant of for 300 cc to 400 cc would be a good place to start.  Ask your surgeon if you could try on the various implants on in a bra.  This will give you a good idea as to what you might expect.  Be certain to heed your surgeon's advice, as well.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Implant selection

Hi there. You will need chest and breast measurements by a BCPS in addition to your aesthetic goals to aid in your implant selection. 

Good luck. Look great!