How soon after vaginal laser rejuvenation can you have sex?

Vaginoplasty/Vaginal Rejuvenation

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

You can have sex as soon as you are healed from laser vaginal rejuvenation

If you have surgical laser vaginal rejuvenation (the original LVR), you can have sex 6-8 weeks later when healing is complete. You should get checked by your surgeon at that point to be sure. If you have nonsurgical laser vaginal rejuvenation (FemiLift or MonaLisa), you can have sex 3 days later. Be aware that these are completely different procedures and do not achieve the same results. I combine both for women who want to address multiple issues at the same time.

How seen after can you have sex

Dear Mthomas73

Please have your surgeon answer this question as we all have our own post operative instructions for our own patients. Also he may have done an extra procedure we are not aware of and we don't want to instruct you as to the wrong answer.

John R Miklos MD
Cosmetic Vaginal Surgeon

Resuming sex after Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation

It is important that you completely heal and you can resume sexual activity in six weeks. After six weeks you were completely heal from LVR®. We recommend for the first several times when you engage in sexual activity that you use a lubricating jelly such as KY jelly. This can help assist in the ease and comfort of sex. Remember that your vaginal and structures have been reconstructed. LVR® increases vaginal muscle tone, contractile force, decrease of the internal and external diameters and it builds up the perineal body thereby enhancing sexual gratification. The vagina is accommodating.

When can I have sex after FemiLift or Mona Lisa?

Non-penetrative lovemaking OK immediately. For penetration, please wait a minimum of 3 days, or a bit longer if you continue to have a heavier, bloody discharge.

Michael P Goodman  MD
Davis, CA, USA

very interesting question.
In view of truma of laser to vaginal mucosa, it is better to avoid sex for 2-3 days, but if your doctor dose Inject PRP ( Platelet Rich Plasma ) you are better to wait for 5 - 7 days.

Good Luck with your procedure and best of health

Timeline for intercourse?

Good day,
General rule is 3 days after the procedure. There are many factors that can modify this and ultimately your comfort past the initial healing/inflammatory phase will be the dictating factor.

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician

You can have sex two days after laser treatment

If you only have internal treatment, you can have sex comfortable two days after treatment.  If you have external treatment as well, you need to wait 1 week.  

Sex, how soon?

This will depend on the state of the vagina and opening to start with. Many people who were unable to be penetrated preop are able to have entry within 2-3 days. This is due to edema or swelling and therefore some initial softening of the lining in its acute injury/healing phase. This is a temporary but enjoyable change. The better more lasting change would happen over subsequent weeks and be limited except for the 2 remaining procedures 6 weeks apart. I treat the skin of the opening and out in all patients, so this may be slightly raw for a few days. These initial changes are really phenomenal in some patients.