After posterior ptosis my eyes became very asymmetrical. How to fix them? (photos)

Six months ago I had posterior ptosis. My right eyelid got thinner and lost its fulness and I got crease asymmetry. As you can see from the photos, my left eye looks bigger and wider than the right one. However, when I smile, the outer corner of right eye gets wider than the left one!! I am really tired of this asymmetry and regret doing this surgery. I don't really know how to fix it as I don't have much skin either on my lids nor above them.

Asymmetry after eyelid surgery

Thank you for your question.  It is difficult to determine the exact nature of your problem from the photos provided. Your best option would be to follow up with an eyelid specialist for an in-person evaluation to determine the exact nature of your issues and any treatment options moving forward. Best wishes. 

Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Problems after posterior ptosis correction

photos are not revealing.  I assume you had a mueller muscle resection.  if so you would be advised to see an ophthalmic plastic surgeon to be advised of your options.

You need anterior levator ptosis surgery.

Unfortunately, posterior approach ptosis surgery is very popular.  It is popular because it is a reliable and reasonable predictable surgery.  However, in my opinion, it is far from ideal in the presence of a disinserted levator aponeurosis tendon.  Surgeons often say, well if the Muellerectomy does not work, you have not burned any bridges.  That is not exactly true.  The scaring that develops after the Muellerectomy makes the revisional anterior approach surgery very difficult.  You need to heal a full year.  I suspect that you will have to travel to get the surgical result you are looking for.