Will the Active FX laser treatment affect/diminish the Radiesse that is in my cheeks currently?

Can the Active FX procedure be performed on skin that has recently had a Radiesse treatment? Will the laser somehow affect or diminish the Radiesse already in my cheeks? Is there a certain amount of time that I should wait before the Active FX procedure? I am now realizing that, perhaps, a better move was to have done the FX first, then the Radiesse. . . .

​Radiesse and Active FX laser treatment

Radiesse is usually placed more deeply under the skin and would not likely be affected by Active Fx treatments.  This is in contrast to other types of fillers, which are more superficially placed, and at risk to loss due to the laser treatment.  I have not seen your concerns in my own patients using Radiesse followed by CO2 Laser treatments.

Active FX and Radiesse

Active FX should not interfere with Radiesse.  It is superficial and focusses on the skin level.  Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Active FX and Radiesse

Active FX should not interfere with previous Radiesse treatments. Many times we perform dermal filler treatments the same day as Total FX (Deep plus Active FX).

David S. Felder, MD
Fort Lauderdale Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lasers Fine After Filler Injections

You should be fine receiving any sort of laser treatment following your Radiesse injections as lasers did not penetrate beyond the skin layer.

Lasers and facial fillers

Fractional CO2 treatments will not interfere with deeper facial fillers such as Radiesse. The fractional laser does not extend that deep into tissue. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Active FX Following soft tissue filler injection

Laser skin resurfacing using the Active FX Should not have any effect on soft tissue fillers which have been injected for the purpose of revolumization. It does not matter whether you undergo volume correction first or resurfacing first.There our arguments that can be made in favor of each approach.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

ActiveFx and Radiasse

I have been offering ActiveFX laser resurfacing since it was originally available by Lumenis. Also as a Lumenis official trainer for ActiveFX, DeepFX and TotalFX I do not have any evidence that you should be afraid that your Radiesse injections would be affected by any of these treatments.

Dr. Gustavo A. Diaz

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Risk to Active FX

I have been using the CO2 laser since 1994 which is the laser which performs Active FX. There is no risk to having Active FX done in areas treated with radiesse. Having said that, be sure a plastic surgeon with years of experience is performing these laser procedures as other medical conditions can impact your results and risk.  These are both great procedures for the right patient!  Best, Dr G

Michael A. Giuffrida, MD
Venice Plastic Surgeon

Laser After Or Before Fillers

I do these treatments on the same day, there is no risk of problems.  However some physicians advocate waiting 2 weeks in either direction.  Best, Dr. Emer.