Am I a good candidate for vaginal tightening if I was naturally shallow and loose before childbirth?

I read about good candidates and always hear about "restoring" former tone. Can surgery work to tighten me if my "youthful" shape was never very tight? I definitely started to "give" more after my one vaginal birth, but not enough to affect my partner. Now I have a new partner who isn't getting enough friction to orgasm, probably because his penis is longer and he's not being stimulated farther down where I've always felt loose. I've always dealt with passing air, etc. So, am I a BAD candidate?

Good Candidate for Vaginal Rejuvenation?

Dear WindyDay 33:

Thanks for the question. You have made the first step in determining whether or not you are a potential patient for vaginal rejuvenation i.e. you have noted there is a difference in the amount of friction you feel during intercourse. To totally explain your options you would first need to be evaluated. Without an evaluation I can only guess as to your condition based on my previous experience with patients with similar conditions.

First let me say that  I have never met a patient who complained of vaginal laxity who did not have a condition called vaginal prolapse. Vaginal prolapse usually manifests as a bulge or relaxation of the floor or ceiling of ones vagina. So if upon examination you display prolapse and you feel there is less friction during intercourse then you are a candidate for the surgery.

Secondly:  Just because you may have felt that your "youthful shape" was never tight doesn't mean you are not a good candidate for surgery.  There is no scientific literature stating that your pre pregnancy state has anything at all to do whether you are a good candidate for vaginal rejuvenation.  

This surgery takes approximately 1 hour and the procedure is only as good as the surgeon performing the surgery. The surgeon is  the most important things about determining whether you will have good results post operatively.  You need to choose your surgeon wisely and I would encourage you to choose surgeon based upon their experience, expertise and great results. I would also encourage you to choose a surgeon who give you sometype of guarantee ( i.e. if you are not tight enough in the first 12 months they will repeat the surgery at no surgical fee). Choose  a surgeon who has documented success rates ( this means they have written a paper on surgical success on their patients in his/her hands).  Any surgeon can tell you they have a good success rate -----ask them to show you a study on their patients.  Though no surgeon can guarantee a 100% success rate ( i.e. that you are happy with the results )  The good surgeons should be able to show you rates of 85% or better ( i.e. that 85% of their patients are happy with the results of vaginal rejuvenation 1 year after surgery).  Remember This is one of the most important investments of your life an you want to minimize the chance of doing it twice ( thought there is always that possibility in any surgeons hands).  Don't let location be a determinant of where you choose to get surgery.

If you want to know a surgeons price contact their office and they will share that information with you. Remember the cheapest is not usually the best.

John R Miklos MD
Cosmetic Vaginal Surgeon
Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

So you want a tighter vagina?

Schedule a consultation. Nothing can replace a physical examination to determine what's actually loose, what's broken, and how much work is required to meet your goals. I suspect that after childbirth, you may have pelvic support damage that also needs to be assessed. Make sure you find an expert in both vaginal rejuvenation and pelvic floor reconstruction. You can view the video to learn about the anatomy that is involved:

I have certainly seen patients who suffered from vaginal relaxation even prior to having kids, even as early as their teens, in one patient that was sexually active. The first step is to have a thorough exam by an experienced surgeon. Secondly, if you are considering on having more children than you might be a better candidate for in office vaginal tightening with Thermiva rather than surgery because vaginal delivery might unravel the effects after your surgery. Thermiva is an in office procedure that uses radiofrequency to stimulate collagen production to tighten the vagina that is painless and does not require any downtime. I have patients that drive down from Oklahoma or drive up from Austin to have the procedure done and drive back home immediately after. Either option of vaginoplasty or in office vaginal tightening would be a consideration for you. We are happy to help. Best wishes!

Vaginal rejuvenation

This is a great question. To give you a very specific answer I would need to examine you in person to see your exact anatomy and provide you with what realistic results can be achieved. With that said, it should be possible to tighten and create a more youthful shape for your labia an vagina. I recommend consulting in person with a board certified plastic surgeon who has a lot of experience performing this procedures so that you can get the best results possible. Good luck! 

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD, FACS

Candidate for Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation

You are a prime candidate for Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation for the enhancement of sexual gratification. The procedure will effectively enhance vaginal muscle tone, strength, and control. It will effectively decrease the internal and external vaginal diameters and build up the perineal body. Many women you either did not have children or have always felt relaxed proceed with the Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation procedure. 

We are very accurate at determining what you need. For example, you would come for your comprehensive consultation on one day and the surgery would be the next day. You could return home on the fourth to seventh day. Patients throughout the world have had our trademarked laser procedures. The procedures were designed such that when you leave it is not necessary to return. 

Am I a good candidate for vaginoplasty if I have always been loose?

The fact that you experienced laxity before you had children does not mean you are not a good candidate for vaginal tightening.  Likely childbearing has increased the laxity.  Most women experience laxity after having births but this is not a prerequisite for having a vaginal tightening operation.  Make sure you are in good communication with your surgeon about your concerns.

Thank you for asking a question which is very common for women who give birth vaginally.
Very simply I do compare vagina to a balloon. once you blow into the balloon, the balloon never goes back to its original shape. Vagina is the same once the head and body of your beautiful baby comes out, vagina expands and might not go back to its original shape.
Thanks to new technology, with Fractionated CO2  Laser ( FemiLift, Mona Lisa Touch) we can address this issue and tighten the vaginal mucosa.  To make this procedure even more effective some doctors might inject PRP ( Platelet Rich Plasma) into vaginal walls.

The one thing I do not recommend to you at this youthful age is surgery. As we know now, the answer for aging face is not Face lift ( surgical ) while it is Filler and tightening of skin with different modality. 

Great candidate

Thank you for posing your excellent question. Part of a vaginal tightening procedure is to restore and improve pelvic floor muscles. There is no doubt that you will feel tighter and experience improved friction during intercourse for both you and your partner. I would definitely look into a consultation and look into your options.

Vaginal rejuvenation

Most likely you are a good candidate for a vaginal rejuvenation since you have had one vaginal birth and your looseness has persisted. Have you tried kegel exercises. If not, check with an experienced surgeon and discuss your vaginal rejuvenation options. Learn more on the link below. Good luck.

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN