Am I a good candidate for calf liposuction? (Photo)

I am 5'0" and 112 pounds. I could lose another 5 or so but it does not make a huge difference. I think most of my problem is muscle, but some of it is fat. I do not feel comfortable getting my muscles reduced however wanted to know if getting lipo would be worth it and if I am a good candidate for it. If so, how much would it cost? Should I just try to lose weight? Any exercises that won't make them bulky?

Calf liposuction

Thank you for asking about your calf liposuction.

• You pose very good questions but one needs to examine you to answer them.
  • If most of your bulk is muscle, liposuction will not help much if at all.
  • The calf muscles can bulk up a lot with some sports, especially running on hard surfaces.
  • Ballet will definitely lengthen and slim the calf muscle and ankles -
  • It takes time and a good teacher to learn ballet well enough to see the results.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Calf liposuction

Thank you for your question and photos. It is best to have a thorough physical examination to determine if you are a good candidate for liposuction. To me the photos you provided show that you do not have much fat of the calf areas. The photo of you standing on your tip toes, simulating high heels shows a very nice, shapely calf area in my opinion. 

I strongly encourage a formal sit down with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that you can trust and explain you you desires and expectations. Don't be surprised if the recommendation is no need for surgery at all.

Best Wishes,

Calf liposuction

Typically the calf area can be shaped very well with liposuction depending on the thickness. The pinch test you are providing looks appropriate. Of course your medical history, physical exam and expectations have to taken into consideration. 

Good Candidate for Calf Liposuction?--Liposuction of the Lower Legs/Power Assisted Lipo

Seek a formal evaluation, you appear to be a good candidate for liposuction if performed by someone with experience and who uses small cannula contouring techniques.  Cost will vary amongst practioners, but I suggest seeing an expert in body contouring. Best, Dr. Emer.

Calf liposuction

Calf size and shape are very personal attributes and it is best to have you examined in person. At the same time, it is true that liposuction if a great technique for shaping calves.

I recommend that you see an experienced doctor for a thorough consultation and assessment prior to proceeding with any treatments.
I hope this helps and best regards, Dr. Sapijaszko.

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon