Am I a candidate for facial fat transfer or should I opt for injectable fillers? What is my best option?

Two months ago I was the victim of botched dental work that resulted in a weight loss of -40lbs, due to an improper bite and loose, crooked crowns. With the weight loss, my face has become very thin. Would there be enough fat on my body for a fat transfer to my face? If not, what type of long lasting filler would you recommend? Financially it will be a hardship, (taking on a 2nd job), so I'd like to get something long lasting. I appreciate any and all advice. Thank you.

I a candidate for facial fat transfer or should I opt for injectable fillers?

In my experience fat transfer can usually be successfully done even in very thin females provided they have not had liposuction in the key harvest areas. Properly performed fat transfer will last many years to decades. When you need to address overall facial volume it is usually the most economical especially when you factor in that you won't need to have it repeated on a regular interval.

Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat Transfer, Final Results? TEMPLES / FACE

If fat can be harvested it can be transferred.  I suggest you see an expert for treatment who is an expert in facial sculpting.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Hyaluronic acid fillers such as Restylane and Juvedrem are commonly used for facial augmentation. Since hyaluronic acid naturally occurs in the body, these fillers get reabsorbed and last about six months. Bellafill, on the other hand, is not reabsorbed into the body and can last for years. It contains microspheres that support your skin and stimulate your own native collagen production for a lasting effect. I recommend that you meet with a certified and experienced physician to discuss which option is best for your body type and needs. 

Jan Zemplenyi, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon