3 weeks post-op wobbly bridge; is it normal that I can wiggle it around?

The very to of my bridge is wobbly. It is more swollen than the rest of the bridge and slightly red still. Is it normal that I can wiggle it around? Doctor used DCF graft

Moving bridge

The graft must incorporate and stick down so it is imperative that you do not manipulate it at all in the first 8-12 weeks as it heals otherwise you can cause resorption or deformity

Asian Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. Your nose is most swollen and tender 1-2 weeks after the surgery. As such, you should not wiggle your nose around. You need to follow the recovery instructions provided by your single or double board certified facial plastic surgeon. Feel free to schedule a follow-up appointment to review those best practices.Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
It's too early to make value judgments with only 3 weeks after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Asian Rhinoplasty - Diced Cartilage with Fascia (DCF)

Diced cartilage with fascia (DCF) provides predictable and permanent augmentation. Since it is made entirely of tissue from your own body, after 2-3 weeks the graft becomes incorporated into your nose and should not move or migrate. The cartilage remains viable and does not resorb, and this has been validated in multiple animal and clinical studies.

Any time you have concern you should touch base with your surgeon.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

I Can Wiggle My Nose 3 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

You should not manipulate your nose 3 weeks after surgery; it has not healed and you may distort and change the shape of your graft. More swelling secondary to the diced cartilage fascia graft may be normal especially if a large graft was used.