I had lift with implants 4.5 months ago w/ areola reduction. PS is very happy with results and said no revisions needed. (photo)

I feel my right side needs to be larger and both areolas smaller. Is it too early to tell?

I had lift with implants 4.5 months ago w/ areola reduction. PS is very happy with results and said no revisions needed.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue.
You look very nice and beautiful, I don't think that a revision is needed! Beauty!

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your photographs, you have achieved a very nice outcome with breast augmentation/lifting surgery. Having said that, your concerns regarding breast asymmetry are understandable; some improvement can be achieved with additional surgery. If the size of the areola are of concern, then they can be reduced further.  Best to address your questions/concerns directly with your plastic surgeon in a calm/constructive fashion. Working together you will come up with the best plan to improve your outcome.  Best wishes.

Thank you for the pictures.  The simple answer is "yes it is too early to tell."  Stay in touch with your PS.  In a few more weeks you will see your final outcome.  Remember that you had significant asymmetry before surgery and you now have a big improvement in the overall appearance and symmetry.  As to whether you should consider a revision to enlarge your right breast and make your areolae smaller at that time, this has to be your decision.  Good luck!

Breast lift with implants

Thank you for your question and photos.  Based on the appearance of your breasts before surgery, it appears that you have gotten a very satisfactory result.  Please discuss the possibility of an areola reduction with your operating surgeon, clearly voicing your goal.  In my opinion though, you should enjoy the results as they are.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

No revision needed

You had considerable breast asymmetry before surgery.  Now you have considerable improvement.  You should accept mild differences. They are not significant enough to deserve revisions.  Perfect symmetry is not possible when breasts are asymmetric before surgery.
You surgeon has done a good job.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Breast augmentation

You have a significant improvement from where you started!  Congratulations!  Some asymmetry will persist no matter what you do.  The right areola is a bit lower than the left but it was to begin with. Perhaps a small areola revision might help. Good luck.

How long should I wait before revision?

Thank you for your question and photos.  Whenever a patient has a difficult or challenging case it is important that the patient and surgeon be clear on the expectations and outcomes.  In my practice I educate my patient on what to expect and on what time frame to anticipate the final outcome.  In looking at your images I can see your concerns and it may be that you could have further improvements with additional reduction of the areola and balancing of the symmetry of the breasts.  Frequently there is swelling after surgery that is not symmetrical and would give one the impression that the sizes are off or that something more needs to be done.  It could take 6 months to be sure.  If one revises base on lingering swelling the risk is that in a year it may become apparent that the side with additional revision now looks off.  I can hear the patient thinking..." this doctor does not know what they are doing because now it is off in a different direction".  If your surgeon is not willing to help you may need to seek another opinion.  Bottom line is that this is not always easy but that a good surgeon should keep you educated and confident that the end result can be safely achieved but you may need to be more patient.  

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Great result

From the photos you supplied, the result from a difficult starting point looks excellent to me. I would recommend for my patients with this type of outcome to wait at least six months before contemplating any small touchup. Follow up with your plastic surgeon. Good luck

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Great result to correct a difficult breast problem

To judge a result you must consider what you started with.  You had a very high and tight inframammary crease with asymmetry.  Your result, while not perfect is very good and a tremendous improvement from your original breast shape. I would give it another 3 to 6 months then may consider some small touch ups to improve the result. 

WOW the result from the appearance in your before photo is dramatic! But yes additional refinement could be offered.