Will I be a good candidate for a mini tuck? (photo)

I heard about mini tummy tuck and would love to have it done because the down time is much less.

Tummy Tuck

Hi abeautiful01, Thank you for your pictures and questions. Based on your pictures it looks like you are an excellent candidate for a Full Tummy Tuck. Tummy-tuck surgery or Abdominoplasty can flatten your abdomen by removing loose, excess fat and skin and tightening muscles in the abdominal wall. It can also remove some if not all of the stretch marks in your lower abdomen. It is popular following pregnancy, massive weight loss or whenever a flabby abdomen with weak muscles impairs body contour. Most patients on average take two weeks off of work. Best regards

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Dr derby

I would recommend you a full Tummy Tuck because you have quite some loose and sagging skin.Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Full tummy tuck more suitable

Although this is based on your photo alone, I would think that a tummy tuck is more suitable for you. You have loose skin above and below your belly button, which can only be tightened up with a full tummy tuck. A mini tummy tuck only corrects the area below you belly button.

Not a good candidate for a mini abdominoplasty.

I think you would get an excellent result from a full abdominoplasty. This would correct contour issues from the rib cage down to the pubic area. In mini abdominoplasty is simply not indicated in your situation.

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate For A Mini?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The skin excision and muscle tightening would give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Full tummy tuck

From this pictures it seems like you have enough skin laxity for a full tummy tuck. See a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in body contouring and tummy tucks for more individualized information. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them.

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #tummytuck

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Mini versus full tummy tuck

Given the amount of laxity in your skin, as well as muscle separation, there is no way a mini tummy tuck is going to make you happy. Do not let someone talk you into a mini procedure, as your results will be mediocre. Go with the full tummy tuck, and your results will be much more dramatic, and I imagine, what you are looking for.
Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Will I be a good candidate for a mini tuck

I think you would likely be left disappointed with just the mini tummy tuck as the upper part of your abdomen would not match the tightness of the lower part

Julio Garcia, MD

You appear to have skin around the umbilicus which would not make you a great candidate for a mini-tummy tuck 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Full tummy tuck is more appropriate

About 99% of patients who need a postpregnancy tummy tuck need a full one. Mini's are very rare if properly applied because they only address the abdomen below the belly button and virtually everybody has muscle laxity and skin issues above the umbi. Scar length and recovery are nearly the same also.