Can this be fixed? (photo)

Does this look like a double bubble is forming? If so can it be repaired.I am 2 months post op. I am depressed.

Double bubble?

It does not look like you have  a double bubble in the photo. Best to be evaluated in person to be absolutely sure. Best of luck.

Double Bubble?

Thank you for your question and photo. There does not appear to be any double bubble deformity however your implant is sitting a bit low in relation to the crease incision. I recommend that you have your Plastic Surgeon evaluate this in person to ensure that your implant placement has no issues.

All the best

Double bubble

from your photo it looks like your incision line is above the inframmary fold.It does not look like you have a double bubble deformity.

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Can this be fixed? (photo)

Thank you for your question and photo. In my opinion, you do not appear to have a #double #bubble. Your optimum care is with your #BCPS. Ask for an evaluation and express your concerns. A #facetoface #examination is what you need at this time. Best wishes!

Bottomed out breast?

When a breast implant migrates below the original placement location with the bottom of the implant just above the infra-mammary crease, we call this “bottoming out.” There are several causes of this downward migration of the breast implant. Usually, some attempt had been made to lower the crease to accommodate a breast implant whose base diameter is larger than would otherwise fit in the natural breast. In doing so, the anatomic attachment of the skin of the breast to the chest wall can be obliterated. There is then nothing to hold the implant up. With the weight of the implant, and constant gravity, maybe lack of support by lack of wearing a bra continuously, the implant can settle downward. One of the earliest symptoms, I see in patients seeking revision,has been the feeling that the breast has to be constantly adjusted or just feels heavy. We look for the incision line, which was previously placed at the crease, to have migrated upward onto the breast. When we see this early on in the postoperative phase, it will never get better with time and will require a secondary repair. While some plastic surgeons may rely on suturing techniques only, I have found that unless we un-weight the implant by making it smaller or strengthen the tissues below by making them less stretchy, that the same implant, with just sutures placed on the bottom of the pocket, will, over time, recur it's bottomed out position. I have used part of the capsule as well as the lining of the deep muscles and tissues over the ribs in the capsule beneath the breast implants to rotate upward to hold the breast implant in a higher position and therefore obliterating the extra space that has been created between the correct infra-mammary crease and the one created by the downward displacement of the implant. I call this a three flap technique, as the skin, the capsule and fascia (lining of muscles), as well as a dermal flap all contribute to creating a hammock like support of the lower portion of the pocket. When these tissues are insufficient to hold the implant up, or a previous attempt has been made with sutures, I will oftentimes rely on the addition of another type of tissue called an acellular dermal matrix of which my preference is Strattice. This Strattice ,or pigskin, does not stretch and can be sewn in to the bottom of the new location of the crease to support it just like a hammock would. Although this is costly, I consider this an insurance policy against having to redo this again. I would recommend that you try and find a plastic surgeon with experience in revisionary cosmetic breast surgery. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Double bubble?

Thank you for sharing your concerns with Real Self.
Based on the picture, it shows the incision to be just higher than the infra- mammary fold, but the most important, your implant is sitting nicely on the fold. No double bubble deformity is seen on the picture.
It is important that you use a good supporting bra.
If the implant used is to heavy or big for your tissue, it may displaced inferiorly if not appropriately  supported
Most importantly talk with your doctor
good luck

Incision placement

It appears that your incision is just above the infra-mammary fold, not a double bubble. Contact your plastic surgeon if concerned, but it looks just fine.

Asaf Yalif, MD
Roswell Plastic Surgeon

Can this be fixed?

From the picture it looks like your incision is above the fold. If the shape is good, there is nothing that needs to be done. This is not a double bubble. See your surgeion. Good luck. 

Robert Graper, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Can this be fixed?

Thank you for sharing your photograph and question.  Though a limited view, your picture does not demonstrate a double bubble forming, but as you appear to be recently out from surgery I would recommend discussing your concerns with your surgeon during an in-person evaluation, especially if you have noted some change in appearance.  Best wishes