Are there any recommendations you could make to a person who wants a Brazilian butt lift but has a hard time gaining weight?

Recommendations about weight gain for a BBL

Ideal candidates are at a stable weight,  in good health , and have excess fat in some parts of the body and too little in other regions.  Gaining weight before the procedure is to no advantage and when you lose weight again the fat cells will shrink just like the donor site fat cells.  Typically, the transferred fat results in a significant increase in volume of the body site being treated.

BBL in a patient who has trouble gaining weight

Hello brea2828 - Thanks for your question. If you have trouble gaining weight, you are probably not a candidate for a BBL procedure. You may be better served by having buttocks implants placed. You would need to have an in-person evaluation to determine what was possible. I would be happy to see you at my Cherry Creek office. Have a nice day...

Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

BBL

You would not be considered a good candidate for a BBL then but I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to have a physical examination done to see if you are a candidate or not. I do not recommend patients gaining weight for this procedure. You should maintain a stable weight for at least 3-6 months prior to having the procedure done to obtain optimal results. If your weight fluctuates too much pre or post operatively, this can affect your results. If you do not have enough fat to achieve your cosmetic goals, I would consider buttock implants or the combination of fat grafting and buttock implants to achieve your goals. Best of luck!
Sincerely,
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon