is my nose considered bulbous/do I need to reduce my columella show to reduce my overly large nostril size? (photos)

I'm 19 years old. I am really not a fan of my nose. I find it to be too long/wide for my liking. Yes, I understand seeing a doctor in person is best, but this is my only option at the moment. I would like to know if a professional (based on my appearance) would recommend a rhinoplasty. This is a major insecurity of mine. age 18-24 columella bulbous tip options

Closed rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.
In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.

I do not think you have significant columella show, but could benefit from an overall improvement to you nose through rhinoplasty. Best of luck.

Rhinoplasty candidate

Only the patient can answer the question as to whether or not they wish to proceed with the cosmetic procedure performed on their nose. If the issues on your nose are bothering you significantly, then proceed along with the procedure. Choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience, since rhinoplasty is one of the most difficult procedures to perform in the entire field of cosmetic surgery. The nostril width can be reduced with an alar-plasty. The hanging columella can be reduced with a columellar-plasty. The bulbous tip is reduced with suture techniques and a conservative cartilage removal. The dorsal hump is shaved down, and the bridge line is narrow with osteotomies. For more information and many examples of rhinoplasty, please see the before-and-after results on the link and the video below

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a nasal tip de-projection to make your overall nose smaller and fit the rest of your face.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD