How long should you wait after having a baby to get a BBL?

It is a pleasure to answer your question. In my experience I recommend you to wait until your body is back to "normal". It usually takes 6 months for your body to go back to pre-pregnancy conditions (internal and external).  Waiting the right time, will help you and your PS make the better choice for surgery and achieve the best results. Hope this helps. Good luck. 

Cali Plastic Surgeon

Pregnancy and cosmetic surgery

Most plastic surgeons will recommend waiting until you're done breast-feeding or at least six months after your pregnancy before considering cosmetic surgery.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

BBL

If you are not breastfeeding, I would recommend you wait at least 3 months after pregnancy to consider a BBL. This gives the body time to recover and hormone levels to get back to close to normal. If you are not back to your pre-pregnancy weight, I would wait even longer to try and shed those extra pounds before electing surgery. My advice to you is to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so you can get a full body examination to see if you are a good candidate and to come up with the best plan for you. I hope this helps.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I would recommend that you wait 6-12 months after you finish breast feeding prior to undergoing elective surgery.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon