I'm 6 days after my surgery. Still tight and up high. On my pre op appt. my PS said I have 435cc. What cup size is 435cc?(photo)

What cup size is 435cc? Is it gonna go down and more rounder? In really flat chested

High Implants

Congratutlations on your surgery. It's not uncommon after submuscular breast implants to have the breast "ride high" up on the chest wall. The path of least resistance is up. With gravity and relaxation of the muscle, breast tissue and skin, the implant will "drop and fluff"' as it settles into the bottom of the space created for it. As far as size goes, we tell our patients your size will be you plus the implant. The number of cc's added will be a different size in each patient. At 6 weeks or so post sugery you can be fitted for a bra.

It can be all normal

Seems your skin is tight and not elastic, be patient, in your case the implants need time to settle.

Alejandro Nogueira, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Six days after surgery. I'm still tight and high.

Congratulations on your recent surgery.  Its very early days following your surgery so its normal for your implants to feel firm and look high.  It will takes several months for the swelling to subside and for you to see your final result.  Its likely your implants will "drop" and "soften" over the coming months as they settle into a more natural position and appearance.  Continue to follow your surgeons post operative guidelines.  A number of factors will determine your final cup size so its best to be properly fitted in three months or so.

Implants riding high after surgery

Thank you for your question and photos.  It is not unusual for the implants to be riding a bit high in the first few weeks after augmentation surgery.  As the swelling goes down and the skin stretches, the implants will settle out a bit.  The ultimate cup size of a breast depends on what amount of breast tissue you started with.  The cc's of an implant has no real direct relation to cup size.  It all depends on how much breast tissue you had before surgery.  

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Cup size

This early post op it is difficult to predict final cup size.  The implant size does not exactly match a bra cup size.  All supbectoral implants are in a higher than normal position immediately after surgery.  Please stay connected with your surgeon and follow all instructions.  Hope this helps

Ali Mosharrafa, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

I'm 6 days after my surgery. Still tight and up high. What cup size is 435cc?

Thank you for your question and photos.
Given that you are very “fresh” out of surgery, it is much too early to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed and to know what cup size you will be; your breasts will undoubtedly change over the course of the next several weeks/months. Many of my patients report that as the swelling around the breast implants (for example, in the sternal area) decreases, they feel that their breasts appear more projecting. Also, in my opinion, the "drop and fluff” phenomenon does hold some validity; as breast implants “settle”, many patients feel that their breasts actually look larger. Although online consultants cannot predict whether or not you will be pleased with the long-term outlook, of the procedure performed, it is safe to predict that the breasts will change.
Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with longer-term.

I'm 6 days after my surgery. Still tight & high. My PS said I have 435cc. What cup size is 435cc?

Thank you for your question and photos.  It is normal for your tissue to be tight and swollen after surgery.  Follow your plastic surgeon's post-op instructions.  Regarding cup size, the final size is determined by the combination of your chest circumference,  pre-op cup size and your implant volume.   Remember that bra manufacturing is not standard.  You may be a different "cup"  wearing different brands of bras.  Discuss with your surgeon your concerns during your office visit.  Best wishes.

Jeanette Padgett, MD, FACS
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon