Is my stomach supposed to look like this? (Photo)

I am 3 weeks and 3 days post op. My surgery was July 26th. At first my stomach was flat. But now it looks like I have a baby bump. My doctor told me I was still swollen. I can see some results on my sides where the liposuction was done. But I my stomach is not nearly as flat as I thought it would be. I wear my compression garmet all through the day. I take it off to shower and its right back on again. I'm kinda worried about my results. Will this belly go away? Will I ever be flat?

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (3 weeks post-po) the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.

Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Is my stomach supposed to look this way?

Thank you for your question and I can understand your concerns. At three weeks your body is likely holding on to extra water through soft tissue swelling as your activity level has increased, masking your long-term results.  I would recommend maintaining close follow up with your surgeon so that they may provide you with reassurance while ensuring no other issues have developed.  Wearing your compression garment will also help limit this daily fluctuation in swelling.  Hope this helps.

Abdominoplasty results

Thank you for your question.You are very early in the healing process, so swelling is still present. If the belly has gotten fuller, you may have a fluid collection. It would be a good idea to have someone in the office see you just to be sure. After a tummy tuck it can 6 months sometimes longer for all the swelling to go down. Good luck with recovery.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon