What can be done for my nose? (Photo)

Can the tip be straightend and reduced, and the bridge lowered or curved? I've been called ugly before because of it and I'm tired of not being seen for me. Eventually I'm hoping to have it fixed if the opportunity arises. Any insight as to what may have caused the cooked tip?

You may have septal deviation that is causing a slight C shaped deformity of the nose.  A septoplasty, bone infracture, and dorsal reduction with tip suturing should improve it significantly.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Can this be fixed.

from the images you have provided, the dorsum of the nose could be more convex creating a more feminie look. The tip appears slightly off center and this can be moved to the mid-line at the same time. See a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation.  Good luck.

Robert Graper, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty to have a nasal examination performed and a review of your medical history to see if you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty. From the photographs you have posted, I believe you may benefit from a rhinoplasty and tip refinement. A the bridge of your nose can be flattened/curved by cutting out the extra cartilage along with filing of the bone to smooth it out and create that slope you desire. A tip rhinoplasty includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing. Best of luck in your endeavors.

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Nose concerns

A rhinoplasty would be able to address the concerns you are expressing about your nose.  The bridge and the tip of the nose can be made straighter.  The bridge of the nose can be lowered and the tip of the nose refined.  There are multiple causes for a crooked nose.  It appears you have thin skin so any asymmetry of the bones or cartilages of the nose are more apparent.  

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge. With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully, Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD