I would like a tummy tuck & lipo without muscle repair. Do I look like a candidate? (Photo)

Seeking Lipo and tummy tuck without muscle repair....next month around July 26th

You look like a wonderful candidate

Of course nothing can replace an in-person examination, but it looks as though you have enough excess skin and tissue to get a wonderful shape with a traditional tummy tuck.  There are very few patients that don't benefit (some greatly) with the muscle plication.  I think you would be selling yourself short by excluding that from your surgery.  If you don't want it for fear of a more difficult recovery, I would really have you think about it more.  By two weeks, you will be well on the way to recovery- drains will be out, the healing process will be underway and you will be in the "routine".  If you really want the best result, you might want to think about giving your surgeon permission to make the decision during your surgery once they have been able to take a look and see just how bad (if at all) your muscle condition is.  Remember- your muscles aren't cut, they are sewn into correct position, closer together.  We also use an injection called Exparell that provides pain relief for 72 hours in all of our tummy tuck patients- it has really made recovery much easier.  Charlotte isn't far from Augusta, so if you like to schedule a consultation, we'd be happy to see you.  Hope this helps!

-JGH

Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question and for posting appropriate pictures. You do seem like a good candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction. The tummy tuck will remove loose skin and give you a flat tummy and the liposuction will help contour your waistline. You will of course need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck and lipo

Based on your pictures, you certainly look like a good candidate for a full tummy tuck.  I'm not sure why you would not want to have the muscle repair.  I have been doing tummy tucks for twenty-five years and I have only seen one patient who didn't need muscle repair with their tummy tuck.  I would suggest that you schedule a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can examine you in person and review your options with you.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Thank you for your question and photos. Yes, you can have a TT with lipo and no muscle repair. Your stomach does protrude however, and this would be much more dramatic improvement with the muscles repaired (diastasis plication) with a much flatter abdomen. So, I'm not sure why you would want to do this. If you are going to have surgery and general anesthesia, and if you have to recover anyway, go ahead and get it done properly for the best result.

If you have the No-Drain TT, the recovery time is much shorter, there is less pain, and less chance of a fluid collection (called a seroma). You will also ambulate faster.

I hope this has answered your question. Good luck.

TT/lipo

Looks like you are a great candidate for the proposed procedure.  Muscle plication (tightening) adds a significant amount of pain to the procedure, and therefore I do not perform it on every patient.  If your muscles a very loose at the time of surgery, then I would recommend the tightening.  If they are not, I agree with not tightening.

This is a decision best made by your surgeon.

Good luck!

Michael Orseck, MD
Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Multiple procedures, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
For safety reasons, to be a good candidate for those procedures at the same time, your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation must be optimal.
Therefore, you must be a healthy person, within an appropriate BMI and no history of diseases that increase the surgical / anesthetic risk degree.
Finally, I recommend you a skilled certified plastic surgeon in body contouring surgery and experienced in cases like yours where the planned operating time is less than five hours.
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Muscle repair with tummy tuck depends on whether there is a separation

A tummy tuck and liposuction to the hips should give you a very nice result. Most patients who are candidates for a tummy tuck benefit from muscle repair, but it depends on whether there is a muscle separation. This is most often the result of pregnancy, so if you have had major weight loss and not prior pregnancies you are more likely to be a good candidate for a TT and lipo without muscle repair.

Richard Baxter, MD

I would like a tummy tuck & lipo without muscle repair. Do I look like a candidate?

Thank you for your question and series of photographs. I think you would do well with a full tummy tuck and liposuction of your waist, hips and flanks. The tummy tuck will tighten your skin, while removing excess adipose tissue. Liposuction alone can be used to enhance your tummy tuck results by narrowing your waist and removing isolated areas of diet and exercise resistant fat. Most women benefit from a muscle repair if they have laxity or separation of their muscles, but your concerns can be addressed after an in-person examination.  Hope that this helps.

Tummy tuck and liposuction candidate

Thank you for your question and photos. You look like a great candidate for a tummy tuck and liposuction to the waist and back to optimize your overall shape. You cand get rid of the excess skin in your belly and maximize feminine curves. The Tummy tuck will flatten the abdomen, cinch in the waist, and remove excess fat and skin from the lower abdomen. Liposuction to the back and waist will give you a lean appearance and accentuate the hour glass figure. If you have abdominal laxity you may want to consider muscle repair to achieve a flat abdomen. Tummy tuck is a very powerful technique in the right hands, and can have dramatic results if done correctly. You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety. Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.