Is a breast lift required based on my measurements? (Photo)

I do not want one, but PS was adamant. I would like other opinions my measurements are in pictures. 140lbs wanting a 450cc Dia:15 across:35 ss RT:21 ssLT:22 above 35 under 29 PS was not in Augusta

More opinions

Impossible to tell with the measurements and photo in clothes. Have to see how your breasts hang with regards to your nipple position to really give you a good opinion. Try this, IF you take a business card, place it in your breast fold, if it stays there you most likely need a lift(possibly not is you have pseudoptosis, which no one can answer for you with pics of you with clothes on), if it falls out, you likely do not. 

Really hard to give you advice

Thanks for providing measurements- that is very helpful.  It really only tells part of the picture though.  From the picture you provided, I would be surprised if your base width is really 15 cm.  My advice is to get a couple of opinions and process what multiple surgeons are recommending and ask them flat out "why".  A lot can be done with the many different implant choices we have now.  Make sure your plastic surgeon is comfortable with ALL of them.  Charlotte is just a couple hours away.  Hope this helps.

-JGH

Is a breast lift required based on my measurements?

Thank you for your question.  More important than your measurements is the position of your nipple relative to the inframammary crease, the fold beneath your breast. If your nipple is below the level of the fold beneath her breast then a breast lift is most likely needed.  To understand the risks of not having a left if you have ptosis or sagging please read the following Link:

Breast Lift Required ?

It would be helpful to know your height.  Regardless , if the 21 and 22 measurements are the distance from your super-sternal notch to your nipple it suggest that your main problem is deflation.  Breast deflation is treated by restoration of volume, usually with an implant. The suggestion for a lift may be related to asymmetry of your breast skin envelope as suggested by the different measurements.  If you are willing to accept that your breast will remain somewhat asymmetrical then opt for only an augmentation.  Regards, Dr. Kiener

The best rule of thumb to determine if a mastopexy is necessary for an optimal appearance is if you will nipple is below the inframammary crease. If it is, then a mastopexy is generally necessary. Also if your nipples point down, implants can make them point down even more.

Thank you for your photos but wearing a bathing suit or bra does not demonstrate how much sagging, if any, you have. Also the measurements you submitted are not helpful, as they would be related to your bra size, your height, and breast shape.

I hope this has helped you with your question. Possibly a second opinion from a experienced  plastic surgeon who can examine you would make you feel more comfortable. Thank you for your question, and best of luck to you.

Is a Lift Required

A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height.

I prefer to  use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.

Need better photos

It is difficult to say without seeing a picture of your breasts exposed.  Consider reposting the question with a new set of photos.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Breast lift?

Thank you for your question.  It is impossible to answer your question based on the information you provided.  I suggest you seek one or more opinions from board certified plastic surgeons based on an in-person consultation/examination.  Best wishes!

Do I require a breast lift?

One would be guessing without seeing you without support to determine your nipple position relative to your breast crease J.   If your selected implant is too large with too wide a diameter then excess upper pole fullness will accentuate your possibly low nipple position calling for some form of uplift or, a smaller implant.  It might help if you could post additional photos.  The video above will give you more useful information.  Good luck,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Dependent On Nipple Position

The decision to do an augmentation by itself versus an augmentation with a lift is less based on patient preference or specific measurements and more dictated by the nipple position and the ratio between the post-augmented breast volume and the amount of excess skin you have. 

The less beast volume, the lower the nipples, and the more excess skin you have the greater the chance you will need a lift and the more of a lift you will need.

The ideal patient for an augmentation alone is a young woman with good skin quality, that has breasts that do not sag and has nipples positioned at or above the breast fold. 

For more information on breast augmentation and breast lifts see the link below.

A detailed examination will help delineate the best surgical option. Consultation with a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery would be the next best step.