Do I need a breast lift ? (photos)

I want to get a breast augmentation, but I'm not sure if I need a lift also . Even though I have a consultation set for August 10, 2016, I want to get the opinions of others .

Breast lift

Thank you for your question and picture.  From the picture that you sent, it does seem like you will need a lift in order to have the best results.  There are several different options for lifts.  Be sure to see a Board Certified PS for your consultation.

Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Yes, lift

Yes, you look like  you need a breast lift. If you want more volume then implants can be added too...

Do you need a lift?

Only surgery and in particular a lift will improve your appearance as you desire. Here is some general information that may be of help to you.
BREAST LIFT (MASTOPEXY)WHO IS A CANDIDATE
  • If you have sagging breasts due to past pregnancies, genetics, weight loss, or aging.
  • If the sagging is expected to be present after an implant.
  • If your nipple-areolar complexes (pigmented areas around nipples) are enlarged or not similar.
INTENDED RESULTA mastopexy or breast-lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breasts without reducing their size. It is used for breasts that sag but are not overly large. Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as a part of aging. Pregnancy, breastfeeding, and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis (sagging). Some patients will achieve a better breast shape if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy.
Results can include:
  • An elevated, more youthful breast contour.
  • Nipple-areolar complexes of the desired size and at the correct height and similar location

Do Breast implants alone lift your breasts

the decision to have breast implants, a breast lift, or bith together, really depends on what your ultimate goals are. Some women are intrested in achieving a fuller, round, more natural looking breast. Others are looking for more youthful "perky" breasts. Some women simply want to improve the position of the Nipple areola to that of the breast itself without much consideration for the size of the breast. All of these options have specific operative procedures to achieve these goals. Consider that implants come in all different shapes, sizes, and textures( materials). Also, think about the changes that occur during and after pregnancy, weightloss/weight gain, and of course the effects of aging. The skin and breast tissue go through changes before and after your selected surgery. In short, your goals must be carefully discussed with your board certified plastic surgeon

Nick Masri, MD

Do I need a breast lift ?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.At the first 3 to 5 months, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Implants alone or with a lift?

Thank  you for your question. Implants will add volume and weight to the breasts. Your breasts appear to be a bit droopy. Repositioning the nipple areola on the breast mound will give a more youthful, perky appearance.This can be combined through a number of different incisions. Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area and ask about all your options, starting with minimizing the amount of scarring on the breast.Best wishes,Dr. Morrissey

Breast lift

Thank you for your question.  By the picture you sent it does appear that a breast lift with be beneficial for you and an implant would add volume.  Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon and they can discuss the best treatment option for you.  Best of luck to you!

Chad Robbins, MD

Do I need a breast lift ? (photos)

Yes, you will need an uplift. Your nipples are below the inframammary crease and they point downward. You could simply have the implants, but your nipples would point downward even more, and your breast would sag over the implants. Of course, is a personal consultation and examination by a board certified plastic surgeon will give you the definitive answer to your question. Thank you for your question and photographs. Best of luck to you.

Breast Augmentation and Breast Lift

I have many patients ask me this question and my answer depends on the patients anatomy and their goals for improvement in the size and shape of their breast.  You may consider what you feel a beautiful breast is and what type of scar burden you are willing to accept to achieve this goal.  This is a complex question and deserves a face to face meeting with your PS.  Good luck with your decision!

Saira Saini, MD
Fayetteville Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a breast lift ?

Thank you for your question and photo.  From the image it would appear that an implant alone would correct the ptosis that is present.  Having a consult with a plastic surgeon who specializes in breast surgery would be the starting point to weigh the options when considering surgery.  It all depends on the goals of surgery if one would be happy with a lift alone, an augmentation alone or a combination of a lift and augmentation.  Good luck

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon