I'm 5'0" and 116 pounds (small). We chose 445cc. I'm so scared (too big?).

Everytime I wanted a size my doc would go 2 sizes up. I asked him to pick for me and he said (what is it I like best) I chose 425cc and I was very iffy too and he said he will give me 445cc. I said yes. Now I'm so scared. I asked him again if he thinks that's too big for me and he said that they would look great. Im small 5 feet tall and a 112 pounds.My doctor said im very well proportioned and that the implant I wanted would look just fine and great and I'm ok.

​Focus on the look

Focus on the look not the cc or cup size. Patient's often regret decisions based on extraneous factors as you may end up with suboptimal result. Bra's vary from store to store, and cc's mean nothing in isolation. You should be measured during your consult and offered implants within a 5mm window of those measurements in multiple styles. For what's its worth, in my experience a dimensionally sound mod+ profile tends to go from an A+/B- to the magical full C or small D. A high profile (or SRF) would be about 100ccs larger to maintain the same base width and more like a Full D but VS will call it a DD or DDD, particularly in a 32-34. Ultimately, try on the different styles and look in the mirror. When you see the look you like, pick that style! This requires a consult, exam, measurements and sizing with a board certified plastic surgeon. My patients select the implant style and their chest dimensions dictate the number of cc's. I make specific recommendations to each and every of the augmentation patients I see annually based on: 1) dimensional planning 2) expressed goals 3) amount and quality of tissue to hide the implant. I have included a link with my explanation of the different implants and what to expect from your consult as well as hundreds of before and after photos to see what change implants of a particular size deliver. Best of luck. #drfeldman #BancroftFeldman #breastaugmentation #sugarland #HoustonTX

I'm 5'0" and 116 pounds (small). We chose 445cc. I'm so scared

Thank youu for your question, 5ft tall and 112lbs with 450cc implants this might be too big. Try to ask your surgeon to show you before and after photo of patient that had the same situation as you. 

Implants selected too big?

Implant selection is a process. This includes bringing in photos, looking at photos, and preoperative sizing with a nurse or the doctor.  The implants should fit your body frame. The ideal implant for you matches your shoulders chest waist and hips as well as your frame size . Without photographs and an exam it is difficult to tell whether this would work for you. However given your height and weight I suspect that your gut feeling is absolutely correct. Those implants are probably too large for you.  Your best option is to seek out a second opinion from a board-certified plastic surgeon with experience in breast augmentation. 

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

445cc for a frame of 5feet

Thank you for your question. I'm afraid that these implants will be too large for your small frame. Please keep in mind that there is more than cleavage and bra size to consider when choosing breast implants. Breast implants are not life time devices. They don't tend to stay where they are initially placed, so the larger they are, the heavier they become - the sooner you will need revisionary surgery. Large implants also tend to cause a myriad of issues: skin stretch deformities, chronic pain, nipple numbness, malposition, irreversible soft tissue damage, capsular contractures, etc. Do your homework. This site is an excellent start. 

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

It's impossible to give a definitive answer without photos and a face to face exam, however my first reaction is that 445 cc sounds somewhat large for someone with your frame.  The best implant will depend upon your breast size, skin distensibility (pregnancies?) and your goals shared and discussed with your plastic surgeon.  I like patients to show me examples that they set as a possible goal and then choose the best implant based during surgery on the appearance of the patient with the "sizer" in place.  Others have great success with preoperative measurements but I enjoy having the flexibility to decide based on the actual appearance of the patient's breasts during the procedure.

Show your surgeon examples of your proportioning goal in photos taken from magazines or the internet and if you're uncertain, consider seeking a second opinion.  The video link above will give you more info about how I select the best implant for my patients in my practice here in Bev Hills.

Regards and enjoy your results.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

#breastaugmentation #plasticsurgery #breastimplants

Hello Nicolasalinda, Thanks for your question.  Since there is no way to say definitively over the internet which size would be optimal for you, take comfort in the fact that the surgeon uses your unique measurements and is able to provide you with a general range.  In many cases the board certified plastic surgeon can best be your guide as they’ve met with you in person and heard your aesthetic goals. You may consider doing 3-D imaging; however with nearly all the breast cases we’ve performed, we’ve found patients enjoy doing a live “try on” session where they actually can “try on” the implant in a non-padded bra in our office.  This does not give an exact measurement of outcome, rather it gives a nice idea of what to expect. For patients who desire a more natural look we like to recommend the shaped implant.  For patients who desire a more full, voluptuous look we recommend a higher profile implant (like Inspira). Remember that all breasts have at least some amount of asymmetry (we like to say they’re like sisters and not twins).  An in-person consult is the best way to discuss your questions.   Be sure to find a surgeon with the following credentials:  *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery -- The gold star symbol   *A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) -- The circle symbol  *A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) -- the Queen Nefertitti symbol with a Triangle.  Feel free to contact our office, it would be our pleasure to answer your questions in person.  My best, Brian Coan, MD, FACS  CARE Plastic Surgery

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.    If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.  

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).

Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.

These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Implants for you

You can try a baggy test with the volume to see if you like it.  In order, for another surgeon to size you, you would need to be seen in person.

My preference is to have the patient show me photos of their goal look and then we decide what it would take, added to their starting point, to get them to their goal. We rarely go over 325cc for patients of your stature, but have in some cases. Without your photos and those of your goal look we can't really give you any other advice. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

I'm 5'0" and 116 lbs, we chose 445cc implants...too big?

Thank you for your question. The starting point for breast implant sizing should be based on actual measurements of your chest and breasts. It is also important to consider your overall breast soft tissue and skin characteristics. Obviously your petite body size plays into the overall consideration of breast implant sizing as well. If you don't feel enough thought went into the decision of 445cc implants, I suggest you make another visit to your surgeon and pick his/her brain as to what the details were that led into that size recommendation. If you remain uncertain or skeptical consider a second evaluation by another board certified plastic surgeon.