I currently have breast implants, size 36D. I would like to have a reduction to a full C. Approximately what would this cost me?

#Breastimplantrevision

MisLiz,

Anywhere from $5,000 to $8,000 but it depends on your location and exam.

Feel free to call or email us if you have any further questions.

Dr. Daniel Barrett
Barrett Plastic Surgery
9735 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 216
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Beverly Hills Physician

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. Its difficult to give you an exact answer, especially without photos but based on your description, you should do well. I would encourage you to find a board certified  plastic surgeon who is experienced with both the traditional and shorter scar approaches as the more traditional anchor approach will leave excessive scars that you may not need. Please view the attached video link below to see examples of both. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day! Dr Kayser - Detroit

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Cost to downsize implants

Hi  and thank you for the question. It depends on the quality of your tissue. If you have excellent skin quality you may be able to downsize your implants without performing a breast lift. However, for most patients,  I typically perform some type of breast lift when I reduce implant size. This is the same principle that applies when a person loses weight but wants to wear the same dress. Your tailor needs to take in some material to account for the size change. Depending on which procedure and implants you go with your surgery could cost between $5000-10000. 

My suggestion would be to schedule some consultations with the better breast surgeons in your area. You'll get the best advice from somebody who actually sees you in person. Good luck to you

Dr West

Justin West, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Cost of revisionary breast surgery?

Thanks for the question. When it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find some average costs of surgery on this website and on individual plastic surgeons' websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. ***Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to downsizing breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Implant exchange

Removing the implants alone is an offic procedure under local anesthesia. Swapping them for smaller ones is more nuanced because the question exists as to whether you would need a small lift at the same time. The pricing will be dependent on the precise elements of the procedure, whether the breast capsule has to be cleaned out, and other factors. This isn't a one size fits all operation. You are likely to get a lower price, as a repeat procedure, from your initial plastic surgeon.