Do I need to get a breast reduction before a surgeon will perform a BBL with Tummy Tuck on me? (photo)

Im 5ft6 about 240 how much weight should i loose ? i want a bbl with tt. i will get a brest reduction done after im done recovering . i was told that no doctor will perform on unless i get my breast done first because 38 I breast wont look right on a small wasit and it might make the doctors work look bad . is there any doctors that make me curvy

Please click here to see previous question. 

Do I need to get a breast reduction ?

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your questions and picture.

According with your photo you would be an excellent candidate for a Mommy Makeover, but your BMI is too high. The risks of a high BMI are basically post surgical complications, what would recommend you is that to lose weight properly (without affecting their levels of hemoglobin, etc), you must do it in set with a nutritionist.

You must lose at least 50 pounds and then in joint with your surgeon plastic, havinga consultation in person and so determine which are your objectives.

Hope to hear from you soon, best wishes!!

BBL and a Tummy Tuck

Hello, thanks so  much for your pictures and your inquiry. Unfortunately as my colleagues are stating, it would be better if you achieve a healthy weight prior your surgery, it would not only give you chance to obtain much better results but also to have a safer procedure, which is the most important thing!

Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey! 

Respectfully, 

Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Weight and surgery, some advices:

Thank you very much for this interesting and important question. Trying to lose weight before a surgical procedure its a very delicate matter, since in many cases a restrictive diet can cause problems, such as anemia, electrolyte disturbances, decreased protein, etc ... retarding the healing process and damaging the surgery. For these reasons, if your purpose is to lose weight, i recommend you have a BMI less or equal to 30. In this regard, you must to have a support with a nutritionist, so you can achieve the desired goal, in the most healthy way, without incressing complications risks in the plastic surgery to perform.

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Weight loss first

You look like you would be best off to lose weight first and lower your BMI. A high BMI makes you more prone to complications. Best of luck

Do I need to get a breast reduction before a surgeon will perform a BBL with Tummy Tuck on me?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  I think you will be an excellent breast reduction, BBL and tummy tuck candidate but based on the nature of the surgeries you would like performed it would be best to lose weight prior to pursuing any of them.  Your current BMI is 38 and we know that over 30 the risks of complications start to increase significantly.  As a result I would strive to lose approximately 60 pounds to ensure a more reliable result, maximize your appearance, and minimize complications.  Hope this helps.

BBL, TT and Breast reduction

Thank you for your question and photograph.

Firstly, I would consider trying to get your BMI down to at least 30 as it is at 38 right now which is considered obese and puts you at a higher risk for delayed healing and you will achieve better results if you can lose some weight. Once you have reached your goal weight, it is ideal to maintain that weight for at least 6 months before undergoing surgery. It is possible to have these procedures done at in the order you choose, all at once or stage them but if you chose to have them all at once you have to find a doctor willing to combine them during one procedure and be willing to follow their aftercare instructions as the recovery will be more intense than staging them. I generally stage these procedures simply because you will have to refrain from sitting/laying on your buttocks for at least 3 weeks after a BBL which means you would need to sleep on your stomach, which may not be optimal when just having a tummy tuck/breast reduction. This reduces complications and provides for a more comfortable post-operative recovery. I would recommend having the breast reduction and tummy tuck done then once you are done recovering from that, pursue the BBL. Best of luck.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

You can do the procedures in any order that you feel is best for you but will need to find a surgeon who is wiling to do that. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Breast Reduction is Also a Breast Lift

A bilateral reduction of breasts involves lifting the nipples into a proper position as well as reducing the size of the breasts by tissue removal. You do have the option to pick the size you want. Most people go to a C cup but you might be happier with a D or a double D at the end. It all depends how much tissue is removed. Keep a collection of pictures from your online search to give the surgeon a visual .The abdominoplasty can certainly be done at the same time and all be in the correct proportions.

Ahmet R. Karaca, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon