Is it normal for your abdominal muscles to cramp after a tummy tuck?

I had a tummy tuck 3+ years ago. Ever since then I cannot exercise my adbominal muscles without them cramping during exercise and about 3 days after they are very very sore. Is this normal? Is this something I need to see my plastic surgeon about? Its very uncomfortable.

Persistent cramps after a tummy tuck

Although cramps and spasms are common during the early recovery period following a tummy tuck, it is rare that they would continue this late. There may be reasons for the cramps that are unrelated to the tummy tuck and may require further evaluation. I would recommend beginning with a visit to your plastic surgeon as he or she would be most familiar with your procedure and past history. 

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Dear kricheyAlthough it is possible to have muscle spasm in the early post op period (first 6 weeks), it is unlikely and rare to have them 3 years later. It is always a good idea to revisit your surgeon with concerns about issues and complications and be examined to make sure you do not have an unusual circumstance.

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon