Just want to know is surgical bra help better the cleavage ?

Hi. I have just had a breast augumentation my surgeon has suggested not to wear anything for 2 weeks But both of sister who has had them said it not good not to have one on what is the purpose is it to help with cleavage ? They are frwaking me out but my surgeon said not to wear anything for 2 weeks

Post Op Bra

Thank you for your question. I recommend that you follow your Plastic Surgeon's advice over your sister's as you've paid them for their expertise. Each Plastic Surgeon has their own preferred protocol. Some use compression bands, bras, or nothing at all and they will have reasons for doing this. I recommend that you ask them to explain if you are uncertain about any post op restrictions.
All the best

Use of bra after breasts augmentation

Dear gen,   I understand your frustration, however all I can do for you is tell you the policy in my practice and the rational for it. My patients are instructed not to wear a bra for one months during day time, so that gravity will help the implants to settle down and prevent the crease from contracting upward and causing a droopy look of the breasts. At bed time my patients wear a bra, to stabilize the breasts and preventing them from slipping under the arms' pit, and protecting a nice cleavage.   There are 2 additional factors that create a nice cleavage. The first is your surgeon's technique in regard to the careful dissection of the muscle in the cleavage area. Using the sub areola incision  creates a nicer and more consistent cleavage , since it allows for the dissection under direct vision and feel. The second is the implants displacement massage , that reduces capsule contracture due to scar stretching and maintains the nice cleavage when it is created nicely by your surgeon.      I hope this is helpful to you,                                              Dr Widder

Just want to know is surgical bra help better the cleavage?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure; given that you have chosen your plastic surgeon, it is best to follow his/her "protocol" given that your plastic surgery knows what works best when it comes to achieving patient pleasing  outcomes in his/her practice.  Given your concerns however I would suggest that you ask him/her about his/her rationale.
Generally speaking, there is no “standard” when it comes to the use of specific bras or garments after breast surgery. In other words, different plastic surgeons may have different practices when it comes to postoperative dressings/bras. 

In my practice, patients wake up with a surgical bra in place. This surgical bra, although not attractive, is supportive and used for about one month after surgery (some of my patients have been known to burn the bra ASAP). Then, patients transition to a soft sports bra. Wired bras are used when breast have reached their “final position” and patients have full sensation along the breast skin. 

Generally, the longer I have been in practice, the more I appreciate the long term use of supportive bras after all types of breast surgery.  This additional support may be especially helpful when patients are lying down and/or engaged in strenuous exercise. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Surgical bra after surgery

Every surgeon has their own protocol.  I provide surgical bras for all my patients to reduce confusion.  If you are concerned, I would recommend you discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

What's a post surgical bra/garment used for?

Thank you for your excellent question and I can understand your confusion.  Each surgeon will have their own protocol after surgery in order to maximize your results and it would be best to heed their advice as they know the full details of your procedure.  That said there are surgeons who advocate no surgical garment while others recommend continual use after surgery, so speak with yours to voice your concerns.