Increased appetite following body lift surgery. Any suggestions?

I had full body lift surgery 3 weeks ago. Since i got home i have been very hungry; eating all the junk food in the house plus my main meals. Will this stretch my new flat stomach and ruin it? It is still swollen and i am wearing my compression binder.

Healthy Eating after a body lift

Thank you for your question, you do want to try and stick to a healthy eating plan to get the best possible result. Try and increase your water intake, and prepare some high protein snacks to fill you up. 

Healthy lifestyle after plastic surgery

Hi, the results of your plastic surgery depends of the work of your plastic surgeon and in your own effort to do the best following the recovery time instructions. It includes your healthy lifestyle.

I believe the recovery time for a plastic surgery its no easy, so If you do that you can do this extra effort. You deserve it.

Alicia Sigler, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Body Lift

Thank you for your question in regards to a body lift. Yes, you can gain weight if not sticking to a healthy lifestyle change in meals and exercise. To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS