Can I have my hair in twists for my Forehead reduction surgery? (Photos)

I have a forehead reduction surgery coming up. I have been given instructions to wash my hair, not come in with any product on my hair and also make sure my hair is thoroughly detangled. But I am a black woman with natural hair, which means that without product my hair will tangle quickly. So I wanted to find out, if it would be okay to come in with my hair in lose twists for my surgery, which would prevent my hair from getting tangled and being all over the place?

Forehead reduction surgery

Most doctors want to see the hairline when the move it downward. You should ask your surgeon if these tangles will impact the work he does. 

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon