Is it common to have an increase in whiteheads in the 1st month on Accutane?

On Accutane for 1 month. Skin has cleared dramatically, but I noticed that my pores are clogged with tiny whiteheads, that protrude out of the pores - They come out very, very easily with a comedone extractor - they are dry and appear like tiny splints. Is this common? Or by constantly extracting them am I stimulating my skin to produce more oil, thus actually causing them? I have large pores and had many whiteheads before but they weren't so 'dry' and hard like these ones.

Worsening of acne initially when starting Accutane

Yes! It is very normal to get a worsening of the acne in the initial stages of taking Accutane. Usually by the second month the worsening has lessened and acne starts to fade.

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon