Breast augmentation and pregnancy. 24, 48kg and 163cm A cup (Photo)

Told 295 textured round gel implants, full projection with sub pectoral position insertion in lower breast fold. thinking about a 320. are effects of pregnancy likely to be less on small breasts with small implant? under the muscle or sub pectoral position likely to look good after pregnancy? sub pectoral was said for natural look however worried about drop with pregnancy how have implants looked after pregnancy on young small breasted girls

I prefer to place the majority of implants under the muscle.  As for the volume, it is hard to tell without a full exam.

Breast augmentation and pregnancy. 24, 48kg and 163cm A cup

GreetingsThank you for your question. Breast augmentation operation is performed in order to increase the size of breast. Size and shape of breasts can often play a critical role in a woman’s self-esteem. Fuller and bigger breasts are often associated with reproducibility therefore it is a desired condition. There are different kinds of breast augmentation operation types. Breast augmentation can be performed either with breast implants or autologous fat transfer. There are also different types of breast implants like teardrop or round implants. These implants also can be placed under or above the muscle. As you can imagine there are several different options for breast augmentation. The best way to understand which one is more suitable for you is to get a physical examination by a plastic surgeon. It is important for you to understand that you don’t always need a breast implant for breast augmentation. As it was also mentioned above you can also get bigger and natural breasts with Cihantimur Fat Transfer method. In this method we use own fat tissue of the patient in order to increase the size of the breast. Since this tissue is your own tissue there is no risk for any adverse effects. It is safe and fast operation that yields natural results without any incision.

You should have a nice result with the round textured implants in the sub muscular position. This will not make things worse with pregnancy so placing the implants over the muscle is not recommended. Smaller implants will have less stretch on your skin and breast tissue so if you are worried about long term results, smaller implants have many benefits. It is impossible to predict how your breasts will change with pregnancy. Best of luckJosh Olson MD

Breast Implants

I think that you will have a very nice result with round, submuscular implants.  Everyone's tissues respond to the implants differently.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Your breast implants should definitely be placed underneath the muscle for better coverage, longevity and less risk of capsular contracture.The size that you can tolerate will be determined by the base with measurement of your breast which her surgeon should have taken.  It is impossible to predict how larger breast will become during pregnancy however if you have implants beneath the chest muscle and your breasts do sag after pregnancy a simple left can be done.Understand that with breast implants there is an increased chance that she will need supplementation with formula when attempting to breast feed her child.  In my practice if you're planning a pregnancy in the next year or 2 I would wait until after pregnancy to do breast augmentation.

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  Subpectoral implant placement will be better for you since you have a small amount of breast tissue and this will give a more natural appearing result than subglandular placement.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Given the lack of breast tissue at this point, I would highly recommend subpectoral augmentation for a better shape. Also there are health reasons why a SP pocket is preferred over a SG such as the reduced chance for capsular contracture after surgery. Seek a plastic surgeon that performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Breast augmentation and pregnancy.

Thank you for the thoughtful questions.  Generally, timing of  breast augmentation is a very personal decision.  I advise patients if they are  planning on having  children in the near future (this is open to interpretation) to wait on the breast augmentation procedure. Doing it this way will  potentially minimize  the number of operations  that the patient will undergo.  

Having said that, the best long-term outcomes I have seen with  breast augmentation surgery done before pregnancy have been with young ladies with relatively small breasts,  utilizing small to medium-size implants (similar to what you are considering),  placed in the sub muscular (dual plane) position.

Unfortunately there is no way to predict exactly how a patient's breasts will change after pregnancy. A good indication may be to evaluate the changes that occurred with your mother's breasts after her pregnancies (although this is not foolproof either). It may be helpful to keep your weight as stable as possible (under the guidance of your OB/GYN) to prevent significant changes with the breasts related to the weight changes.

Some common changes seen with the breasts  after pregnancy include " involutional  hypoplasia" (breasts  become smaller)  and/or breast ptosis (" drooping"). The changes the breasts experience may be related to genetic factors, skin elasticity changes, hormonal effects, and/or weight gain/loss around the time of pregnancy.
  Anecdotally, in our practice, we have seen many patients have pregnancies, and not require additional breast surgery subsequently.