What size permalip do I need? Continued question

Hopefully you can still see my picture on my initial post.. Anyhow I had a consultation today. The doctor prior to touching my lips said I needed 3mm in my top lip. Then after, said 4mm in both upper and lower lip. Will my lips have the right ratio? He also measured and said my lips were 5 across.I don't want to look like a duck but I also want to be able to notice a difference . If I have 4mm in top shouldn't my bottom be 3mm?He said no they will be too close in size. What do you think?

Lip implant

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question and pictures.  Permalip can be used for just the top lip or both lips.  Naturally your bottom lip should be bigger than your top lip - looking at the lips as a whole, the bottom lips should be 3/4 in size and the top 1/4 in size, therefore you may decide to have a larger implant in the top and a medium in the bottom.  This is very typical for patient to have 5mm in the top lip and 4mm in the bottom.

Please make sure you find a reputable and qualified plastic surgeon who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve.  All The Best 

Right size permalip implants

Thank you for asking about your Permalip implants.

• Permalip implants are measured by length and height.
  • They are very small implants -
  • Generally I recommend the size 5, which is the largest height and volume.
  • But the length depends on the length of the lip.
  • Yes, if the lip proportions are good, I place the same size implant in the upper and lower lips.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS