Can you get scar tissue from permalip and if so is there a way to reverse it?

Im considering getting permalip implants. Ive seen pictures of people who can no longer open their mouth as wide as they use to or even smile fully. Is this capsular contracture? How do you explain the restricted movement if permalip is suppose to not have tissue ingrowth? And is there a way to gain back movement if this happens?

Permalip implants and scar tissue

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for asking about your permalip implants.

• Whenever we do any procedure to the adult body, we heal with scar.
  • The question is whether the scar feels softy and natural - or not.
  • Restricted motion after permalip implants will occur in the first two weeks.
  • If the exercises are done correctly in the weeks after that, restriction of movement should not occur.
  • If however the implants are not placed deeply as they should be, the implant can be visible and people retrict the mouth movement to avoid an unnatural look.
  • These are good implants and my patients have been happy with them -
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Post-Op Stretching

In my practice patients have experienced some tightness in opening their mouth very shortly after doing the implantation. I have my patients take vitamin E and in some cases Accolate to help soften scar tissue during the healing period and allow them to do the stretches properly. With doing this I have never seen any problems in my patients with capsular contracture of their lip implants. 

Scar tissue can be removed, but will in turn cause more to be made by the body. Whether it be an injury or a surgical procedure the body will always create scar tissue at the damaged site. 

I encourage you to make a consultation with your local American Board of Plastic Surgery Certified surgeon of choice who is experienced in Permalip lip implants. I wish you the best of luck!

Hard to say...

although contracture can happen with lip implants, it is rare. I'm not sure why someone would feel they can't open their mouth after the implant is placed or after removal! I've placed many of these implants and have unfortunately removed a few and have had no problems. I'd encourage you to give them a try -- it's a great option!  Good luck.