Another opinion on implants. (photos)

I just had my first consult and was told I could "get away" with dual plane over the muscle implants and the lift could be avoided. I did not receive consistent opinions, so I am hoping to gain more insight here before I consult with yet another surgeon.

Another opinion on breast implants.

Thank you for your question and photograph.  Based on your photos Your nipple appears to be below the inframammary fold, the crease beneath her breasts.  If the nipple is below the crease then a combination breast lift and implants will likely be her best option.  I would suggest an additional plastic surgery consult with an experienced plastic surgeon. Please read the link below:

Breast Implant Opinion

It is very important to choose a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for your operation.  Different surgeons will use different approaches to correct your concerns.  Dual plane breast augmentation will place the implant under the muscle superiorly and release the muscle inferiorly.  It doesn't go above the muscle.  Some surgeons would suggest an implant/lift, others will suggest an implant only.  I suggest you seek out board certified plastic surgeons and ask to see patient pictures with breasts similar to yours to see what kind of result the surgeon can deliver.  When you feel comfortable with a surgeon and his/her prior results, that is the doctor that you should choose.  But all of these things must be done with in person consultations.

Andrew Freel, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Another opinion on implants for breast aoutmentation: a dual plain could be your option #ba #breastimpants #reastaugmentation

An ideal breast implant augmentation patients is the one that has neither their nipple areola complex or their lower breast tissue hanging underneath the breast fold ( inframmamary fold). When the breast tissue hangs bellow this fold ( pseudootosis) and or the nipple and areola complex hangs bellow this fold ( ptosis) a breast lift is usually necessary. 
In certain patient with "mild" ptosis or pseudootosis and very small breasts, a breast augmentation can be performed without the lift if a dual plane technique is performed. This is applicable to very small breasted patients . Dual plane technique means the implant is placed both underneath the muscle and underneath the breast gland.This is possible when patients as I said before are small breasted, has mild ptosis /pseudoptosis and would like a moderate to large size breast implant (see link bellow)Patients interested in breast augmentation with implants with  should make a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon specialized in plastic surgery procedures of the breasts.

John Mesa, MD

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a  Breast Augmentation .