Do I need a lift, and if so, what kind? (Photo)

I wanted to avoid the lift if at all possible and just go with larger implants. I would like opinions about whether I would need one, and which kind to get with my breast type with the least amount of scarring. I had 3 50lb gain/loss pregnancies and breastfed 2 of the babies. I was a full C while nursing, but they have deflated to a pre-baby A.

Mastopexy needed

Hi, in my opinion you would benefit from a breast lift or mastopexy.  Your tissues look lax based on the striae or stretch marks that I see and your arms are elevated which falsely lift the breasts up lessening the ptosis (or sagging).  Nothing beats a consultation in person and I'd reserve my final answer based on an actual examination.  In my opinion, your results would be better not waiting on a mastopexy, but I would explain this better in person.  Like an arts and crafts project, there are different ways to do this and a consultation with board certified plastic surgeon would be enlightening.  Good luck!! 

Do I need a lift, and if so, what kind?

A lift requires removal of skin. If you are going with large implants, and you do not have significant skin excess, a large lift would be contraindicated. I think you will need a periareolar lift for nipple positioning but it is acceptable to do the implants first and see if you find the results acceptable. If you don't, then the lift can be done. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Do I need a lift, and if so, what kind

An implant with a lollipop incision is what I would suggest you to you. I do not think an implant alone will leave the nipple in the correct position and the shape of your breast will end up better with the lift

Julio Garcia, MD

Do I need a lift, and if so, what kind?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos which demonstrate small saggy breasts, a breast lift would be needed in addition to breast implants in order to achieve the optimal result.  This would help to raise your breasts and nipple position, make your breasts perkier and rounder, adjust areola size and improve symmetry.  It's likely that you would need the "lollipop" or vertical breast lift technique.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Do I need a lift, and if so, what kind?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD