Is laser a better option?

I tried sclerotherapy (called veinerase), on my spider veins. It did absolutely nothing to make them go away....what are my options?

Sclerotherapy is an excellent option

Start with a vein ultrasound to document the amount of venous insuffficiency. Sclerotherapy is a very fruitful treatment if done correctly. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Spider vein treatment.

The gold standard for spider vein treatment is sclerotherapy.  Frequently more than one treatment is necessary. The smaller the spider veins the harder they are to treat.  There are different types of sclerotherapy solutions and different concentrations. See a vein specialist who is experienced in sclerotherapy I would retry sclerotherapy before switching to laser.

John Landi, MD
Naples General Surgeon

Sclerotherapy

Thank you for your question in regards to sclerotherapy. Depending on the location, the amount of veins treated, and post-care guidelines can all affect the results of sclerotherapy. Treating spider veins typically will take more than just one treatment. To be sure whats best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Spider Veins on Face and Body -- Pro Yellow, Pulsed Dye Laser, Sclerotherapy

I suggest you post photos.  Sclerotherapy may need a few treatments before switching to a laser option.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Sclerotherapy or thermocoagulation or laser

Show pictures and/or tell us where the spider veins are so we can give you better guidance.

Dr H Karamanoukian
#RealSelf100 Member