I have what they call, fat behind the muscle. Is there any way to remove this?
Doctor Answers 4
Is there any way to remove fat behind the muscle?
This is also known as visceral fat which is fat found around the organs unfortunately the only way to get rid of it is by losing weight with diet and exercise.
Fat Behind Muscle/Procedure?--Diet/Exercise/Gastric Bypass--VASER Hi DEF for body contouring
I'm assuming you're talking about visceral abdominal fat, which needs to be addressed with diet, exercise or gastric bypass. After you've reached your goal weight, VASER Hi Def liposuction can be used for additional fat removal, contouring and skin tightening. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer
Remove fat behind the muscle - how?
Thank you for asking about your excess fat.
- I assume that you have a bulging tummy from internal (visceral) fat.
- This means the fat is around your vital organs - liver, spleen, stomach, kidneys, etc.
- It cannot be directly surgically removed.
- It can be removed by your losing weight or by having a gastric bypass operation.
- If you are more than 100 pounds overweight, the gastric bypass may be better.
- I suggest you see your regular doctor to discuss a referral to a bariatric surgeon or for advice on losing weight.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.