Is bruising and uneven breasts normal after 2.5 months from breast reduction?

I had breast reduction surgery 2.5 months ago. Left breast was DDD and right DD. 2.5lbs were removed from left and 1.5 from right. My left side is about a DD and right a D. The left side still has bruising as well. I asked my surgeon if the left will get any smaller and stated the concern of bruising. He said it would go down when i lose weight?? (Rude and i really dont want to see him again)...but should i be concerned or give it more time?

Swelling after breast reduction

I would give it up to 6 months from surgery, as swelling can last that long. It also takes the breasts some time to settle out and typically the appearance of them continues to improve after surgery. 

If you're unhappy with your surgeon, perhaps see another for a consult so that he/she can examine you and give you some advice. 

Best wishes in your recovery,

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX

Uneven breasts

Breasts can often be asymmetric after a reduction and this can last a few months. They can still change in terms if shape and size up to 5-6 months after surgery 

David R. Alfonso, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon