After MOHS surgery to my forehead the wound has some scabbed areas where cauterizing was done during surgery. Advice?

The scabs were present when I removed the compression dressing 24 hours after surgery. I have been keeping the wound moist with petroleum jelly and covered. Will the scabbing affect the healing process? Will I have a better result, i.e. less scarring, if the scabbed areas are removed? It is now one week post surgery.

Scabs after skin surgery

In my practice I tell all patients to gently remove crusts or scabs from wounds. It helps the sites heal better and helps prevent scarring and divets. It is also necessary to keep the area gooped up like you are doing, but it needs to be done to clean skin, free of crusts and scabs. "This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."