I'm 25 with 2 children. I weigh 240 and 5'4". Will I be able to get lipo and fat transfer to my butt with safe procedure?

Please put your front, side pictures. These pictures are easier to see if they are taking by someone else not close to the camera of the area you are interested only to give you a better answer.  A Brazilian butt lift is a safe and effective procedure that combines liposuction of the abdomen hips waist and back and then fat grafting to the gluteal region. This is a safe and effective way to contour the lower body. After a successful Brazilian Butt lift, the fat that remains will stay there for the rest of your life. Like the rest of the tissue in your body this fat will grow and age with you.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.  

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Safety and efficacy of Brazilian butt lift in patient with weight 240 lbs and height 5'4"

Hi there and thank you for the question. 

It is difficult to make a judgement without photographs and to be  honest a full assessment but your BMI is over 40 which is on the larger size to enable the best outcome for you. Safety depends on you medical history but if your main aim is shape then this will be harder to achieve at this weight and I think you would be best advised to lose some weight first both to improve the chances of a better outcome but also to increase the safety of the procedure. 

I would advise that you see an experienced fully qualified plastic surgeon with experience in this area to best advise you.

I hope that you have found this information to be helpful.

Best wishes

Tariq Ahmad, MBBChir, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

BBL candidate?

The information that you provided does not alone determine whether you are a candidate. You must be healthy and active as well. You might consider losing some weight based on your BMI to get the best results. Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure to determine if this surgery is right for you. 

#BBL #ShapedExtraJuicy #liposuction #fattransfer #BrazilianButtLift #DrSej #fatgrafting #fatsurvival #BBLrecovery #beverlyhills #curves #weightloss #bodysculpting 

Sejal M. Patel, MD

What I find that most women love about the look of a BBL is the tiny waist with tight smooth skin in contrast to a full round buttocks with curvy feminine hips. It is very difficult to create this look when patients have a high BMI. If too much weight is carried through the midsection, liposuction will leave you with loose excess hanging skin. The buttocks may already be large but not have the shape that you desire. I would recommend that you try to lose some weight . Start with a goal of just 20lbs. Find a board certified PS in your area that does a lot of this type of procedure. 

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.... I recommend you to get a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and evaluate yourself first, because if you have extra skin on your abdomen , it is better to have a tummy tuck though.. regarding your weight I recommend you to lose some first...take care of your BMI, safety first..

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Hello! I always recommend my patients to have a BMI of 35 or lower before having a plastic surgery. If you are 5´4" and weigh 240, you are a little over 41. It´s better to first lose some weight and then consider the liposuction and BBL (brazilian butt lift).

Yily De Los Santos, MD

BBL

Thank you for your question. It is impossible to tell if you are a good candidate for a BBL procedure without examining you in person. As far as the safety of the procedure - Every type of surgery has associated risks and complications. I perform multiple Brazilian butt lifts every week, and the complication rates are very low. Overall, the procedure is safe and effective. Please do your research and find a board certified plastic surgeon with many years of experience.

Hope this helps,

Dr. Newall 

German Newall, MD

Based on your weight and height your BMI is 41. In my practice I will perform a buttock fat transfer procedure if the patient's BMI is less than 32. Above 32, I find that the results are less ideal and patient's have a higher risk of post op complications (bleeding, seromas, saggy skin).