Would I be able to achieve this with a tummy tuck and liposuction? (Photos)

I am a mommy of 1 and am 5'4" weighing between 190-195 now. I would like to achieve a flat stomach and hour glass like shape. Would I be able to achieve that with a tummy tuck and liposuction? How much would it cost?

Correcting your abdominal wall looseness

It seems like you would be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck. You would probably be able to achieve a fairly flat abdomen and some waist definition with the help of liposuction. Because of your weight, some of your fat is probably carried intra-abdominally and you would have to work on getting rid of that yourself through exercise. This would allow you to have a flatter abdomen.

Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck and Lipo

Thank you for your question and for posting appropriate pictures. You do seem to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction. A special kind of tummy tuck I do is called a Lateral Tension Abdominoplasty. This is ideal for bringing together the abdominal muscles that separate during pregnancy and removing loose skin. The liposuction performed at the same time will give you a contoured shape. You'll need to have a consultation with a board certifed plastic surgeon with expertise in this area. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction. This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. With good surgical technique, you could have an outstanding result. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

You may benefit from Vaser ultrasound liposuction to your abdomen, flanks and back for contouring without a tummy tuck.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to confirm as well as discuss your options and expectations. 

Tummy tuck

Thanks for the question. A tummy tuck with liposuction will help but will need to be performed after you lower your BMI to less than 30. A Brazilian butt lift will give you an hourglass shape. 

Improvement is possible but be realistic with your expectations.

You appear to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck and liposuction, but I would advise you to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon and talk in depth with him or her about the results you can realistically expect. Your BMI is higher than we prefer someone to have before having these procedures, so understand that there are limitations as to how far toward a flat stomach and small waistline you can achieve with surgery. Again, communication with your plastic surgeon and being realistic about your results is key. Best of luck to you. 

Would I be able to achieve this with a tummy tuck and liposuction

Although a flatter abdomen can be achieved to a certain degree with what you are considering, I do not feel that combination will give you an hour glass figure because of the amount of intra-abdominal fat you have at the present time. To get an hour glass figure you would need to lose some of that intra-abdominal fat in order to be able to tighten the mid waist area.

Julio Garcia, MD

Tummy tuck and Liposuction

Based on the information and photos submitted a tummy tuck with liposuction would be a great option for you. Ideally you want to be at your best weight through diet and exercice before this procedure is done in order to have the best result possible. An abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) will allow your physician to remove excess skin and create a flatter and toned abdomen. Liposuction can be used to contour your natural curvature to give you that hourglass shape you are looking for. A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon will allow you to discuss all possible options and techniques that best suit you. Good luck. James Lee

James Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Better results after TT and Lipo

hello thanks for the question

Definitely you are a great candidate for excellent results after TT and Lipo, you need of course an evaluation to define what would be better and how much would be the price but your results could be very satisfying.

Best of luck

Disnalda Matos, MD