Can I safely get a breast augmentation if I had previous surgeries to remove benign cysts from my breasts?

I am currently 27, at the age of 15 and 16, I had, on two separate occasions, a benign cyst removed from 1st my left breast, incision was around the nipple. Then about a year later, the 2nd cyst removed from the right breast, incision around the nipple. I would like to get breast implants, under the muscle with the incision under my breasts. Would my former surgeries have caused scar tissue and make it unable for me to get breast implants??

Breast Augmentation Safety

Your prior Benign Cyst's should not prevent you from getting a Breast Augmentation. This is not an uncommon situation but is something you need to speak with the Plastic Surgeon about. I recommend making an appointment with an Experienced Plastic Surgeon to better answer your questions.

Breast augmentation after biopsy

Dear Avac,It is certainly possible to have breast implants placed after having had biopsies performed with periareolar incisions.  Be sure to choose an American Board of Plastic Surgery board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Hi.. thank you for the question, your previous surgeries do not contraindicate you Breast Augmentation surgery. You can have them done without causing problems. 

Luis A. Mejia, MD

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your desire to pursue breast augmentation surgery. Your prior benign cyst removals will not prevent you from having implants placed, but be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation so that a plan can be individually tailored to your desired results.

Implants

It is possible to have breast implants placed after the previous surgeries. You would have to be evaluated in person. Best of luck.

Previous Breast Surgery

Thank you for your question.  No, your previous surgeries will not preclude you from having breast augmentation surgery.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

BA after cyst remove

Hello.  Thank you for your question.  Yes you could have your BA done without any contraindications.   Have a great day. 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. This should not interfere with breast augmentation surgery.  I have performed breast augmentation in many patients with similar history.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast augment after cyst removal

Your past history should not limit the ability to undergo breast augmentation. The infra-mammary incisions would not be affected by the earlier excisions. See a board certified plastic surgeon who can dialogue with you on all the options in implants and sizing to achieve your goals. Best wishes.

Breast augmentation after prior cyst excision

Hi. Your prior surgery will not impact on your candidacy for a breast augmentation at all. See a plastic surgeon local to you for advice on how best to proceed. Good luck