Need recommendation for expert labiaplasty surgeon between Atlantic City and Philadelphia.

Would appreciate any and all recommendations as soon as possible.

Doctor Answers 4

Go a little further North for a real labiaplasty expert

I have patients crossing the country and oceans to have their labiaplasty done expertly, privately and efficiently. You're less than 2 hours away and could easily find a hotel nearby. My office is 15 minutes from Newark/Liberty airport and 5 minutes off the Turnpike. Take a drive and rest assured that your work will be done beautifully. My staff will assist you with any arrangements. Email me privately for a quote.

Jersey City OB/GYN
4.6 out of 5 stars 24 reviews


A labiaplasty must be performed by a surgeon with experience. One of the two most common techniques is the central wedge technique, which I invented in 1995 and published in the plastic surgery textbooks.  It is also known as the "V" or wedge technique. Gynecologists and most plastic surgeons perform a labioplasty very differently. They essentially trim the labia minora (inner vaginal lips) and leave a long suture line instead of the normal labial edge. Their technique is the same whether a scalpel or a laser is used. In contrast, the central wedge removes triangles of tissue and bring the normal edges together. Thus, the normal labial edges, normal color, and normal anatomy are preserved, but the darkest labial tissue is usually removed.  If you have extra tissue on your clitoral hood, it can be reduced it at the same time. No matter the technique, an inexperienced or unskilled surgeon can lead to a high rate of complications, chronic scar discomfort, labial deformities, and further surgery.Gary J. Alter, M.D.
Beverly Hills, CA - Manhattan, NY

Gary J. Alter, MD
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 21 reviews


I cannot recommend a surgeon to you.  Your thinking about who to see is an important part of the process.  Obviously searches can be done online with Google.  However, a good cross reference is to see if your surgeon is Board Certified.  Under the American Board of Medical Specialties you will find a listing of the recognized Boards such as The American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Another, and perhaps simpler cross reference, is to check membership in the societies such as the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, where all member must be Board Certified, or the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology.  Next meet with your surgeon and see if they are privileged to do the procedure at the Hospital or Accredited Outpatient Facility, even if the procedure is to be done in their "office".  That will tell you that their credentials have been reviewed and approved by peers.

Roberta Gartside, MD, FACS
Reston Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 27 reviews

Need recommendation for expert labiaplasty surgeon between Atlantic City and Philadelphia.

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your decision to research labiaplasties.  Though I can not recommend a specific labiaplasty surgeon I am attaching a link to the ASPS plastic surgery website which will give you the names of local board certified surgeons with whom you can begin your search.  If you do not find any locally you may wish to travel.  Hope this helps.

Nelson Castillo, MD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 65 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.