I want laser treatment for under eye wrinkles that look like etching. Do I need fraxel or Vbeam or peel?

I need a few recommendations for an expert doctor who works with lasers. I prefer the southern NJ, if possible. I want a doctor who will protect my eyes and laser my eye lids as well. What the pros and cons of laser vs chemical peel of these areas?

Under eye wrinkles treatment

It is hard to give you definite opinion on what treatment would benefit your skin and what would deliver desired results without pictures providers. You can make a free appointment with us at one of our locations in New Jersey. You may benefit from fillers, chemical peel, or Vampire Lift without having to do laser treatment. You can look into new treatment called Syneron Profound. Check our profile and website. Good luck!

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Thanks for your query. I would advise you to go for Botox and chemical peels more than fraxel or any other laser if your concern is just crow feet. Hope It helps

All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Laser resurfacing for undereye fine lines

There are several treatment options for fine lines under the eyes. I commonly use Fraxel for this indication but ablative lasers such as CO2 and Erbium:Yag works well too much have more associated downtime. It is important that an intraocular shield is used to protect the eyes from the laser. Microneedling also helps as does several of the RF devices such as Infini and chemical peels. Personally, I don't use peels for this indication, and prefer Fraxel or microneedling. I also combine treatments with a good skincare regimen. 

Shaun Patel, MD
Miami Physician

Improving under eye wrinkles

VBeam is not a wrinkle reducing laser. You need a resurfacing laser for this such as CO2, Erbium, Halo. The Fraxel has not been too effective in improving this. Infini is also an alternative. A deep chemical peel is possible too. The older physicians tend to do more peels and the younger ones like lasers. Fractional injuries are better for less downtime, less risks, and peels aren't fractional. I'm a laser guy. Filler often needed too.

Steven F. Weiner, MD