I'm getting a cap put on my tooth tomorrow. Will that affect my retainers? I wear them every night.

My wisdom teeth are coming in. I have to wear them every night to keep them from shifting. I dont know what to do!

Iperk

It is possible that your new crown could effect the fit of your retainer.  Bring the retainer to your appointment and them in once the crown is in place.  If it fits great. If not it could be modified to fit.  It also may need to be remade.  Good luck!

Seattle Dentist

Retainers

It is very likely that a new cap/crown will affect the fit of the retainers. I would let your dentist know beforehand, however, you may still need new retainers after the cap is placed. Good luck!

Jeremy B. Jorgenson, DDS
Costa Mesa Dentist