Should I gain weight in order to have a better natural look for my breast implants? (Photos)

I'm so scary about my breast getting stretchmarks or looking too fake because I do not have enough breast tissue. I'm 5feet and 6 inches with 108 pounds. Since one month ago I'm getting some weight because I would like to have more fat on the breast. I think that "it will help me to have better results". Because I will have round implants transaxillary incision. However, I also think that I am getting to ignorant and I just have to eat properly. I'm also worry if my breast will be too far apart.

Breast Augmentation on a small frame

You do not need to gain weight in order to achieve a natural looking result from breast augmentation. Look at many, many photos from plastic surgeons in order to find a plastic surgeon who shares your aesthetic ideal and who has demonstrated the ability through many photos, to provide a natural looking result of breast augmentation on small breasted women. 

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Should I gain weight in order to have a better natural look for my breast implants?

If your present weight is your natural weight when you eat healthily, then you should adjust your breast implants to fit your own personal weight. Also keep in mind that some women do not gain weight in their breast with an increase in body weight. It's best to work with what you have. Emphasize to the plastic surgeon that you choose that you want a very natural appearance. This is most important because many women actually like the implant-look. Be sure to try on "Sizers" with a bra and T-shirt at your plastic surgeon's office to see your appearance with various sizes. Your plastic surgeon should measure your chest and breast size to determine the profile of the implant. I suggest you keep the size reasonable, and not too large for the "natural" appearance. Regarding the incision, the inframammary incision has the lowest incidence of encapsulation. Once healed, all scars should be fairly imperceptible. Thank you for your interesting question and photographs, and I wish you the best of luck.

Should i gain weight in order to have a natural look for my breast implants?

Thank you for your question. I would not recommend gaining weight to fit your breast augmentation. When getting a breast augmentation the idea is to work towards a look that fits your anatomy with a natural look in most cases. Breast augmentation is a very powerful technique in the right hands, and can have dramatic results in a variety of breasts types.  Most important is a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon regarding this procedure.  Don’t settle for less!

Thank you for your question and for including pictures. I highly recommend that you continue to eat well and do not intentionally gain weight. There are many options of implants regarding shape, size, texture and projection that you can choose from to best suit your anatomy and the look you want. There are also various techniques available to you that should be able to help achieve the ideal look. Best of luck! 

Patrick L. Basile, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

No.

Thank you for your question. Trying to gain weight to enhance your breast augmentation results is not a good idea. Your plastic surgeon should be able to make the proper evaluation and recommendations to you that will result in a natural and pretty result. Share photographs with your plastic surgeon of the final outcome you hope to achieve.Best of luck to you.

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your upcoming surgery!  I would recommend you continue your current, normal diet and exercise routine.  Obtaining a natural result from a breast augmentation is more dependent on selecting an appropriately sized implant that fits to your chest dimensions and is centered behind your nipple.  You do have wide set breasts and nipples which will not change substantially but with the extra volume of an implant I would anticipate a nice result.  Talk to your surgeon about your concerns, they are in the best position to provide you with reassurance.