What is the best procedure to correct 'bags' on sides of neck after 13 months of liposuction? (photo)

Got lymphatic masssges, used facial mask for 6 weeks, reduced salt intake, sleep w head elevated.....

Sagging skin after liposuction

Thank you for your question.  I am sorry you are not happy with your result.  From your picture alone it appears as though your skin did not retract back after your liposuction.  I would need to see before pictures to be sure though as I do not know what you looked like before your surgery.  That said,  it now looks as though you may need a lower face or neck lift based on your photo.  I would suggest you see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation to get an exam and answers to your questions, also the best options for treatment plans. 
Dr. Hisham Seify

Preoperative photographs would be of help to give you a better recommendation. You made need to eventually go on to a neck lift to remove any residual fat and excessive skin. I would suggest a consultation with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of plastic surgery.

Stanley P. Gulin, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Neck liposuction - poor result. Now what?

Thank you for asking about your neck liposuction.
  • I am so sorry you have such a disappointing result.
  • One really can't tell without examining you 
  • The problem may be internal scar, remaining fat, loose skin - or all three.
  • Treatment could be anything from steroid injections for scar, more liposuction, a neck lift or even Kybella injections.
  • Was your surgeon a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon? If so, what are her/his thoughts?
  • If not - it definitely time to see one.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Neck bulge

Pre-op photos would help as will an in-person exam. This is order to assess how much is fat, how much is skin and what the elastic quality of the skin is. This can better guide us in determining whether or not skin removal would also be necessary for the best result.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Liposuction bags

When the neck is suctioned, there is the risk that the skin will not retract. This is heightened with age or already loose skin. The solution is lower face-neck lift. See a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation.

Neck Liposuction

I'm sorry to hear you are not happy with the neck liposuction, and you do show an unusual result from that procedure. I think the solution will be a mini or standard facelift. We need to tighten the tissues in your cheek/jowls and remove excess skin. I'd see a trusted plastic surgeon near you for consultation. This can be improved. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Double Chin Treatment / Laxity-- SmartLipo/VASER/ThermiRF, Botox, Venus Legacy, Kybella, CoolMini

This looks like skin removal is needed. I suggest you see an expert for treatment options.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Neck Lift

Thank you for your question. This reults could have happened because the skin didn't retract much. This can be fixed through a neck lift procedure. Best is a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to examine you and get the best plan for you.

It looks like you could benefit from a facelift. Best to be seen in person to be appropriately evaluated. Best of luck.

Loose skin neck after lipo

Thank you for your question. At this stage non invasive treatments will be less effective. Face/Neck lift will give better results. Please talk to a board certified PS for evaluation.