Still bleeding after hematoma removal?

I don't have the drains any more. I am still bleeding from where the hole was and where he went in to lipo the hematoma. It was dark red now its bright red. I have not stop bleeding since October 23rd. He says to massage it and push the blood out. I am very disappointed with his lack of concern for me. I have spent more time with his nurse. I still have no answers. I go to see my primary care doctor and I also have an appointment to see him at the end of the day when "it's NOT SO BUSY".

Complication after Tummy Tuck?

I'm sorry to hear about the complication you have experienced after tummy tuck surgery. Often times,  the best way to improve your relationship with your  plastic surgeon is to  communicate your concerns about the “lack of concern”. I can assure you that most plastic surgeons care very much about the patients'  experience.  Communicate your concerns in a calm, constructive fashion.

Remember that your plastic surgeon will be your best resource to get you through;  online consultants can only speculate as to exactly what is going on.

Continued Bleeding after Hematoma Removal

If a hematoma has been drained, and there is a reaccumulation of fluid or blood, the surgeon should examine this and determine the next most reasonable step. 

Bleeding post tummy

This is unusual to have this go on this long.I would have your primary care doc check your blood count.You may need to have this opened up and corrected.I would insist on seeing your plastic surgeon and not the nurse.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Hematoma

Sorry to hear about this. It happens and not commonly. Keep in touch with your surgeon who will get you through this

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Concerns not being addressed?

Thanks for your post. It's important to let your plastic surgeon know about your ongoing drainage and your feelings on the aftercare. No surgeon can avoid complications, but they should make an effort to see you more often as opposed to less. Best wishes - Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Need some reassurance following bleeding problem

If you had a large hematoma it is not unusual to have some drainage for a few weeks, the draining should be a dark color of old blood.  No one enjoys a complication and we, as physicians,  are measured not by our successes but how we manage or problems.  Sounds  like you need just some old fashioned reassurance to guide you through this temporary problem.  

Express discontent with your care directly to the plastic surgeon.

Your problem is probably self limited and may not be a great concern to your surgeon but certainly is to you.  The surgeon's job is to guide you through your convalescence so you should express concerns about the problem.

Bleeding after a tummy tuck

It is not uncomon for bleeding to continue for a while after drains are removed, especially if there was a hematoma.  Tell your doctor you feel he is not concerned (or, tell his nurse).