I'm 4 weeks post breast augmentation and one breast is different shape to the other. What's wrong? (Photo)

Okay I got silicone 575 cc implants it's been 4 weeks since I had them and one breast look deformed and my incision are in different places then the other they went in the crease to put them in can some body help me I will but a picture to show the difference between both tits do u have a dubble bubble lol what ever it's called I think I said it rite but I just need to kno are they okay and do something look wrong

I'm 4 weeks post breast augmentation and one breast is different shape to the other. What's wrong?

Thank you for your question and the photo.  It is not uncommon for you to have some asymmetry this soon after surgery because each side of the body heals differently.  Without a "before" picture it is difficult to judge, but please follow with you PS so that your healing can be monitored for any complications.  You should expect the implants to settle down over the next few weeks as it is still relatively early days.  

Speak to your plastic surgeon

Hi,

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that, you should go see your plastic surgeon. Online consultants are not the appropriate source of information for you; your plastic surgeon should be your resource when it comes to postoperative concerns.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after breast augmentation

It is difficult to tell from the photo but I do see some minor asymmetry between your breasts.  Remembering that all women have some breast asymmetry it is difficult to tell how bad this is without seeing your preoperative appearance.  Like others have said, it is way too early to make any serious assessment yet.  You need to allow the implants to settle more.  

Asymmetry is minimal

Thanks for your question and the photo. You are too early in the process to be concerned. Because you have such a large implant it will make any small asymmetry that was present preop look more pronounced. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Too early to judge outcome

You do not have a double bubble.  At this point in your recovery, it is much too soon to be worried about the outcome. It takes time for the implants to settle into position and the skin and muscle to stretch out to accommodate the new implant. It may be 6 months or more before the shape has reached its final look. Be patient.

Breast Augmentation Post Op Asymmetry

You are still very early in the healing process and it is not the least bit uncommon for your breasts to heal and/or drop at different rates. It can take anywhere from 3-6 months for your breasts to fully heal and settle into their new position. For now, be patient. Based on your photos, your new breasts look great. Enjoy them. 

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

4wks post op

At 4 weeks it is still early in the healing process after breast augmentation and some asymmetry is normal. As the implants soften, settle and drop the breast shape will change. Give your body time to heal.  Nothing looks abnormal at this point and 2 sides never heal at the same rate. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have for his or her evaluation and advice . Good luck! Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

You are doing fine for 4 weeks after your surgery

I do not see anything of great concern in your photos. You are early in your healing stage.  It will take a few months to settle.

Vasdev Rai, MD

I appreciate your question.

From your photos, and at 4 weeks post op, your results seem appropriate for this time.  It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you and then reassess at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

4 weeks looks good

From the photo there does not appear to be anything wrong.  It is normal at 4 weeks to have tightness, and implants sitting high.  I would encourage you to give this several more months to allow the tissues to relax and the implants to settle.  Be patient and be sure to discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  Best wishes.

Levi J. Young, MD
Overland Park Plastic Surgeon