Tubular breasts or just small? (Photo)

Hi I'm 21 and I have pcos. I've been battling with my weight for years now and even though I'm 20 pounds overweight my breasts are tiny and weirdly shaped. I searched and saw that tubular breasts are something common between women with pcos. Do I have it? How can it get fixed? Is there any chance they'll grow any bigger without surgery? Is breast augmentation dangerous?will I be able to breastfeed if I get one? Please help me, I'd like to do something about my problem once I finish university.

Just small

Based on the photo it does not appear that you have tubular breasts. You could benefit from breast augmentation to add volume to you breast however implants will not bring the nipples much closer to midline. It is not likely that you will continue to develop breast tissue at your age. There are risks with breast augmentation but a board certified plastic surgeon with experience can perform the procedure with little to no complication.

Just small breast

From you pictures it doesn't appear that you have tubular shaped breast.  You do however have the nipple a bit more lateral than usual.  That feature maybe the feature  that you think is "weirdly shaped".  A breast augmentation will help with the volume of the breast but may not bring the nipples much closer to the midline.

R. McIntyre Bridges, MD
Shreveport Plastic Surgeon

Small Breasts

Thank you for your question and photos. At 21, your breast are not likely to grow more. you could consider breast augmentation with silicone gel implants. You do appear to have a slight degree of constriction to your lower breast poles however this could be easily addressed with a standard breast augmentation procedure.
I recommend that you seek a board certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in this area and book a consultation.
All the best

Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question.  You do not appear to have tuberous breasts.  You simply have small, underdeveloped breasts.  You appear to be a good candidate for a breast augmentation.  For answers to all of your questions, I suggest you consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery to discuss your options. 

Questions

Since you have so many questions, I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your concerns and options. At your age, your breasts will probably not grow without weight gain or hormonal changes like pregnancy.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts

Thank you for your questions.  You don't appear to have tuberous breasts and typically at your age you are fully developed.  A breast augmentation would be beneficial if you are wanting larger breasts.  Most women can breast feed after an augmentation, I recommend that you find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a consult.

Chad Robbins, MD

Breast shape

Thank you for your question.By looking at the photos you posted, your breasts do not look tuberous. The breast is small, but not constricted. You would be able to increase your breast shape/size with an augmentation, it is very unlikely at 21 years of age that your breasts will increase in size.  Breastfeeding after an augmentation is possible, but success with breastfeeding is an individualized thing. Some women regardless of breast surgery are unable to breastfeed. Good luck with your decision.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

Tubular breasts or just small?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Your photographs do not demonstrate features of constricted or tuberous breasts. If your breast size is of concern to you, you will likely be a good candidate for breast augmentation surgery. Seek consultation  with board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. Then, communicate your goals carefully as well. Best wishes.   

Breast augmentation - do I have tubular breasts

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
  • Your breasts are naturally small but you do not have tuberous breasts at all.
  • Your breasts will not enlarge without surgery.
  • Breast augmentation is a standard and very popular operation with a low risk.
  • You can usually breast feed after having breast implants.
  • About 6 months before you want breast augmentation, start looking for a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon whom you feel you can trust to do your surgery.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS